iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my mini skidder build progress

Started by bigblue12v, October 10, 2015, 08:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigblue12v

Hey guys sorry! I'm here lol. Little over a year ago I bought a Timberjack 240A to better serve my growing business. This past winter I sold the mini skidder to an acquaintance in Illinois. Business has grown in leaps and bounds... we currently have the timberjack,  a deere ct332 track loader,  the waldon compact loader,  firewood processor,  93 ford f700 dump truck,  93 ford f600 single bunk log truck,  93 ford L8000 tri axle two bunk log truck, 20k pintle hitch trailer,  PJ tag 14k trailer,  a bunch of husky 395 and 390 saws, a dodge 5500, dodge 3500 and bunch of other miscellaneous stuff lol. Been very busy! Hope everyone is well.
Lots of junk not enough time.. full time mechanic part time logger, firewood junkie, outside boiler owner, meat smoker enthusiast, fabricator, dad, husband

mike_belben

Well, dont work too hard buddy.  How bout some pics of that kid with has daddy posing on the new skidder when you get a chance?   ;)
Praise The Lord

711ac

Ah, lot's of energy, ambition, idea's, and youth. Sound's like your doing great, keep it up brother. Looks like your on a successful track, stick with it and the sky's the limit. 8)

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bigblue12v

Yea but i'm bored with logging. The work is there but the weather isn't and i'm just tired of spending week after week sitting it out. Makes things stressful financially and mentally. What was I thinking.... lol
Lots of junk not enough time.. full time mechanic part time logger, firewood junkie, outside boiler owner, meat smoker enthusiast, fabricator, dad, husband

mike_belben

Put up an ad or lawn sign for general repair work.  I havent actually advertised but my neighbors keep me pretty busy fixing cars, small engines, guns, saws, quads, welding jobs etc etc. Typically with a "whenever you can get to it" timeline. Sometimes i tell em im covered up for the next 2 weeks and its no problem.  Not much money but it buys those milk sandwiches,fills the gascans and propane bottles when im not otherwise able to do the stuff i want to.  And if you can be home doin it the savings/convenience is pretty good. My days revolve around school busses.

One guy from church has brought me another job with every single one he has picked up for like 2 months now. Then his neighbor started.
Praise The Lord

Brian w

Just a few ideas for your build you may want to use solid metal on the roof to provide shade and cover from rain. You also may want to consider a log arch to provide lift on the trees so the don't dig into the ground.

mike_belben

@bigblue12v 

where ya been buddy, still alive and kickin i hope.  lets see all your new iron.
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!