iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Question about insulating under tin roof

Started by hbeane, December 31, 2019, 05:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

:D thread drift, never happens here.

They are also getting better distribution of defects which gives a significant boost to allowable strength values. Their softwoods have lower design values so that is a good thing. Dad had switched to glulam and laminated roof decking by the late 60's because of shrinkage problems. Never looked back. There is research going on currently aimed at making residential CLT's on idled furniture presses, neat stuff. I'm bouncing ideas with them when a thought occurs, feel free to pm if I can help. A nearby log home company tried glulam logs 15-20 years ago, neat concept but couldn't sell them, people didn't consider them "real" and there was a healthy price increase. I'm sure there are niches but the market here is not the same as the market there, keep a few eggs stashed back.

frwinks

Here is the detail I came up with (with some help from guys @ the cold climate housing research center) just about 10 years ago now.  The whole system was very user friendly with off the shelf materials, 1/3 the cost of panels (at time of construction ;D) and has been performing as expected season after season. 

Thank You Sponsors!