iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Homemade Drywall Stilts For Under 12$$$$$

Started by UNCLEBUCK, February 15, 2005, 09:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLEBUCK

These are my homemade drywall stilts . I couldnt find any company that made stilts for people that weigh 354 pounds so I screwed and taped 2 inch blue board together and it works great and I put 4 sheetrock screws through each walmart tennis shoe and leave the laces loose for some action and give while working so I been mudding and taping sheetrock and its a luxury to reach up instead of trying balance on a ladder and all the up and down . Thought I would show it because I just tried it out the last 2 days with great success for anyone that has a project requiring alot of ladder work . I am walking on a cement slab only.
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

tnlogger

yup shore is a neat pair a stilts there. best part about um is that superduty all in one fix all ya gots wraped around them. ;D ;D
                                             gene
gene

sawdust

I'm impressed. nice and light too. Might even be usefull at the lake, make like Jesus and walk on water!
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

farmerdoug

They look like they would definitly keep your feet warm on those cold cement floors.  Mabbe you should patent them.
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

leweee

Red Green would be proud of you Buck 8) 8) 8)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

UNCLEBUCK

Yeah Red Green would like these alot. I just fired up my heated slab last week and I walk around in my socks because the floor is warm .I never felt a heated slab before and it feels good and stays warm for days even if I shut the boiler off. Kind of like walkin on a big skillet . Glad everyone likes my herman munster shoes !  You can remove a foam chunk to obtain proper height too   :D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

etat

I am truly impressed with your idea! :)   8) 8) 8)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

leweee

Unclebuck can you tell use a bite about that "HYDRONICS" system you got there. Siize of slab, feet of pex tubing & size ,type & size of boiler. :P
signed ... more than just curious ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

J_T

Unclebuck Thanks best stilts I ever saw 8) Be glad they didn;t have those pro stilts I tryed them once and fell for ten minnets and never hit the floor :D :D
Jim Holloway

pasbuild

I screwed an old pair of boots to a couple of empty DW pails, worked great just had to walk around like a coyboy ;D
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Corley5

That's one heckuva good idea 8) 8) 8) 8)  One I'll surely remember.  I run screaming when it comes to drywall finishing but they'd also be slick for trim work, wiring ceiling lights etc   8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Furby

Heck, just putting the screws in the ceiling, they would help!
Thanks!

iain

I'm gonna try them tomorrow i've got a ceiling to sheet 8)

iain

Kevin_H.

improvise, adapt and overcome...

looks great, if ya ever take them apart, remember not to walk through any water with them tennis shoes.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

iain

Made mine and they work good
though they need to taper in to the shoe all the way from the bottom
i put the screws under the removable insert
and they aint no good for driving

iain

Thank You Sponsors!