iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Uploading photographs

Started by highlandeye, July 11, 2010, 05:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highlandeye

Hi there

Can any one help - obviously doing something wrong - managed to upload 4 photographs - (twice apparenty) but cannot establish a link or can open them on my recent post.

I cannot seem to connect my photographs and my introduction post ,How do I establish a connection between my opening post and the photographs ? I think I need to have a - go to my gallery - section , How do I do that .?

Regards

Keith

thecfarm

Glad you asked for help.I think you are trying to add a picture to your post,correct? Start a thread,go to your gallery,click onto the picture you want to post,this will open up into another window,than down below this picture,you may have to scroll down for it,is a box that says,do want want this picture in your post,click on to that and than I think you have to say "yes" in another box and that's it. You can preview the post and look to see if you like it. If posting more than one picture in a post, press the "enter" key for some white space between the pictures. I think this is #7 in the help above under Posting Pictures.
I hope I sent you in  the right direction. Need some more help just ask.Others will be along to help.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DanG

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Highlandeye! :) :)  You apparently have figured out the hard part, as you have some beautiful pics in your gallery.  Here's how to get them into a post:

First, go ahead and start the post you want the pic in.  When you reach the point where you want to insert it, open your gallery in a new window.  What you see there are thumbnail links.  Click the one you want, and it will appear in full format.  Below that, written in green is an offer to insert the pic for you.  Click that, then go back to your post window and you should see the code for the pic.  You will not see the pic itself at this point, just the code.  The actual pic will show up when you post it onto the Forum.  If the code did not appear in your post window by using the green link, you can always copy it from the white box below the green link and paste it into your post.  I've had to do that a few times.

I have found it easiest for me if I already have my gallery open in a seperate window before I begin my new post.  Oh yes, you cannot use the "attach" option you find below under "Additional Options" to post pics.  That is for other types of files and cannot access your gallery.

All of the above info is for Windows.  If you are using some other operating system, someone else will have to help you, or you can go to the "Behnd the Forum" board and find instructions there. ;)  Good luck. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

highlandeye

Hi, many thanks gentlemen , I shall follow your instructions and I am pleased you like the photographs , - will try and post others later on , I have some other hand held images of the Northern lights that I am pleased with which I will add and one or two of killer whales you may find interesting .  best regards  Keith..

Thank You Sponsors!