iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

****Help Identify?****

Started by dcrice, April 29, 2018, 09:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcrice

A guy at work gave me some logs that have been on the ground for about a year and a half. I'm somewhat new to sawmilling.  I've had my Woodmizer LT15 for just over a year now so I'm still learning all I can. Anyway, I had a pretty good day sawing and thought I would share some photos from today's
mill day.  

I'm not 100% positive but I think what I sawed was white oak & poplar.  The land owner didn't know what all was in the piles so I just picked out what
looked good. I may go back for more if you guys give me great feedback.  I would appreciate any advice on what I have sawed.  Thumbs up or thumbs down.  Most of the white oak I milled at 8/4 and 9/4 and the poplar at 3-1/2" square.

ToddsPoint

No idea what your wood is but it's beautiful!  Go back and get every stick, mill it, dry it, and sell it for a small fortune.  Gary
Logosol M7, Stihl 660 and 290, Kubota L3901.

WDH

The first wood pictured is hickory.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Brad_bb

Hard to tell.  The first one, in pics 2 and 3 makes me think cottonwood.  I would have to see the bark.  Got a pic of one of the slabs?  
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Thank You Sponsors!