iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Today's happy customer

Started by Jim_Rogers, January 27, 2019, 02:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

cbla

Crusarius

That look sweet. definitely need an accent on the wall like a nice hickory vertical slat wainscot.

Jim_Rogers

Today's first happy customer came over after he called and asked if I was open today, and got some 1x6 pine boards to use on his fence repair project.
He told me that he used to get lumber from the mill in the next town over but they never answer their phone or return any phone calls. I guess that they have lots of other things to do.
He was happy with what he got.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jim_Rogers

Today's customer wasn't too happy. He called me, and asked if it was jrsawmill. I said yes.
He said he got my number from WM pro sawyer network.
I said ok.
He asked if I had a portable mill.
I said yes, but my truck is broke down and I don't have any way to haul the mill out to job sites.
I asked him where was he located?
He says Ventura.
I told him I was in MA, not CA.
Oh, he says, must be another jrsawmill out here.

I guess so.

Jim Rogers

WV Sawmiller

I've started doing what I think the MagicMan does in cases like that and tell them "I will be glad to come saw it but the mileage is going to eat you up."
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jim_Rogers

He did ask me if I was planning a vacation to the west coast.

Jim Rogers

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on July 02, 2019, 04:30:42 PMI've started doing what I think the MagicMan does in cases like that
I have no limit.  move_it
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nomad

For some reason I get calls from the Dallas, Tx area all the time.  I tell them I'll come do the job, but they'll be unhappy with my mileage charges.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Jim_Rogers

Today's happy customer was the same happy customer who came by yesterday.
Yesterday, he and his neighbor picked up a 7x7x12' post and several hundred bdft of siding lumber.
Today, he picked up the balance of his siding lumber:

His truck bed is short and he doesn't like to haul 16' lumber/timbers in it. The neighbor's truck bed is 8' and they use his bed extension bracket thing on both trucks.
Only a few more timbers to do and this job will be done.
He's raising the timber frame (or part of it) on the 20th of this month.
Jim Rogers

jimparamedic

I like that hitch extender. I've not seen one before

Jim_Rogers

Today's first happy customer came by to pick up two timbers for his timber frame shed project.
His son came with him and was helping him to back up and not hit anything.

My second happy customer came over today to pickup some 1by lumber I had sorted out of my pile to make a special project for an upcoming party.

And he got a red flag too.

Jim Rogers

Jim_Rogers

Today's happy returning customer came over to pick up some timbers for his timber frame cart port that will have solar panels on the roof. On his truck rack is a 8x8x10 tie beam, a 6x8x16' post, and a 6x8x12' post.  What a time we had getting them up there.

Jim Rogers

Brad_bb

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Jim_Rogers

When I saw his truck rack, that the cross bar was round, I suggested that he get a piece of PVC pipe and cut it down the middle so we can put it back together around the cross bar and make it a rack roller. Held together with two hose clamps.
And able to slide left and right along the pipe rack.
He has just emailed me that he has made the rack roller.
My idea was to set one end of the timber on the rack roller and the other end is on my trailer on another movable roller and slide these timbers up onto his rack.
I will photo it next time he's here.
But I'll have to cut some more timbers for him, next.
Jim Rogers

Peter Drouin

I thought you had a tractor for that?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Peter Drouin on July 18, 2019, 12:14:17 PM
I thought you had a tractor for that?
Engine died long time ago, never had the money to get it fixed, yet.
Jim Rogers

Jim_Rogers

Today's happy customer came over to get the balance of his order of timbers for his timber frame shed project.
Thanks Dan, and he brought his wife to supervise.

Jim Rogers

Jim_Rogers

Today's happy customer admitted that he didn't plan his visit to the sawmill yard correctly. He said he should have brought his truck. He was right he should have brought his truck.
But we managed to get the 2 1/2" x 21" x 6' long pine slab into his car on the second try.

No need for a flag on this one. But I did see it up against his right side door window, and suggested he lower the window or the first bump in the road would shift the piece and could break the window. He agreed and put it down.
Jim Rogers

Peter Drouin

What some people will do.  :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Ljohnsaw

Only 6' long?  He should have just lowered both back windows and put it cross-wise! ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

WDH

He could have just strapped it on top to that antennae. 

olcowhand

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on July 21, 2019, 10:21:20 AM
Today's happy customer admitted that he didn't plan his visit to the sawmill yard correctly. He said he should have brought his truck. He was right he should have brought his truck.
But we managed to get the 2 1/2" x 21" x 6' long pine slab into his car on the second try.

No need for a flag on this one. But I did see it up against his right side door window, and suggested he lower the window or the first bump in the road would shift the piece and could break the window. He agreed and put it down.
Jim Rogers
Jim,
Was that the Green Slab we discussed over in the "Watcha Sawing" thread? If so, you're right- they move quickly.....
Good on ya.
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: olcowhand on July 22, 2019, 06:21:35 PM
Quote from: Jim_Rogers on July 21, 2019, 10:21:20 AM

Jim Rogers
Jim,
Was that the Green Slab we discussed over in the "Watcha Sawing" thread? If so, you're right- they move quickly.....
Good on ya.
Yes it was one of the three, I have on hand. I may cut the 5" thick one in half, to make it lighter and easier to move. Only one showed interest in it and hasn't returned any of my replies to him.
I know as soon as I cut it someone will want a piece 5" thick.
Jim Rogers

Thank You Sponsors!