iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

One less happy customer

Started by Jim_Rogers, June 24, 2019, 12:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

I just found out that one of my customers was murdered in his home in the next town over.
He would come in here at least once a week to look around and see if he could see any interesting leftovers that he could make into something he could sell, at a local flea market.
I have written about him on this forum before, as some times he as a pain to deal with. I would ask him what he was looking for, and he'd reply: "I'll know it when I see it."
And he would rarely place an order.
Rest in Peace Pat.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

WV Sawmiller

Jim,

Sorry for your loss. I get lots of people come by and spend way too much time looking for that special piece but I would miss them not being here. Usually it is not a bargain they are looking for just a special piece for some project they are thinking about.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jim_Rogers

Someone on facebook implied that it was his grandson who may have done him in. Don't know for sure right now, no news yet from officials.
Jim Rogers

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jim_Rogers

Here is a picture of him holding a picture of a table he made from a piece of walnut that he got from me.

I think that's the only picture I have of him.

Jim Rogers

Jim_Rogers

Arrest has been made. No further details yet.

Jim Rogers

WV Sawmiller

Jim,

I was thinking about you this morning. I had a customer who reminds me of yours call me just as I was about to leave for some other projects and ask about a fireplace mantel. I told him I had a variety in stock and could see him later this afternoon. He said they were on their way to town and asked if I could wait a few minutes and I told him I would thinking most of my higher end mantels bring about $300 each. He and his wife came about 10 -15 minutes later and turns out instead of a 3"-4" X 8'-10' mantel I usually stock what they wanted was really a 2" thick LE walnut slab about a foot wide and 4-5 ft long. They called their builder and found out he was not ready and could not give them the sizes he needs yet anyway. They said they would be back in a few weeks with more details and get one then. 

He is one of those guys who come by and buys $15-$20 up to $80-$100 worth of specialty wood at a time 2-3 times a year. Not a high profit customer but pleasant enough and the excitement on his wife's face looking at some of the wood, especially when I showed her some before and after planing and tung oil, was well worth the time and delay. They will be back. 

He is one of those guys who get on your nerves once in a while but then he says something or his wife comes along and talks about how happy she is with his last project he got from me and it is all worth while.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jim_Rogers

Thanks for sharing that story.

Jim Rogers

Thank You Sponsors!