iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill search

Started by moandrich, February 20, 2013, 11:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moandrich

So I was thinking  :D :D, what if I hired the forum to help me find a mill.  We are looking for a lt40, $10-18,000.  Would like HD, debarker and accuset would be a big plus.  Dont mind fixing one up.  I was thinking $200 dollar donation to the web site?
Does that sound fair?  Live in CT but would travel up to 400 miles or more if inspected by forum member.  does this seem fair? Dont have much spare time.

Thanx, Rich
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

dgdrls

Probably best to reach out to Jeff about a Fee.
I understand the Sale/Want board is % driven on the honor system
based on price paid. 

DGDrls

Chuck White

I think the % or flat rate donation to the Forum would depend on whether you would be buying a small item, or a major purchase.

Usually the seller would send a portion of his/her gain to the Forum.

But still, as Dan said, you might want to contact Jeff.

Search here on the Forum and also at Wood-Mizer.

Other companies may have a Wood-Mizer for sale too.

Good luck in your search.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

There is a WANTED board below the For Sale board.  That is sorta like hiring the forum to help you find a mill.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

47sawdust

I sent you a pm,but if that doesn't work try this-
danville,Vt. area  802-684-2246 or 473-8576 10 year old Lt40 hydraulic,debarker,4 boxes of blades,replacement parts for maintenance schedule,always under cover.$20,000 is the asking price.
I am not the owner.This ad was in the Green Mt. Trading post.I just got off the phone with the owner and the mill is still available.Seems to be in good shape.
Good luck,Mick Eckart Worcester,Vt.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

moandrich

Looks like it is the North East Kingdom?  Love that area, my wife and I spend a lot of time there.

Thanx Rich Rogers
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

moandrich

Still looking for a mill, had a few good ideas from forum.  Everytime I think I've found a good deal it is sold.  Left a donation for the forum anyways.

Thanx Rich
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

j-dland

Have you tried the SawmillTrader website?I ve had good luck with them.
David

moandrich

I check sawmill trader,sawmill exchange, and searchtemptest constantly. I saw a few listed on Carolina Machinery Sales, has anyone used them?  Are there prices negotiable?
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

moandrich

I am going to need a spare tire for a LT40, what is the size? Is it a standard tire size?  Can't tell you what for till completion and pictures.

Thanx, Rich
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

drobertson

mine is a 225 75r  10 ply on a 6 hole rim, david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

moandrich

woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

drobertson

sorry man, 15"  my bad,   
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

The last I knew, Wood-Mizer had spare tires mounted on the rim at a good price!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

moandrich

I would buy from WM if there was enough time.
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

terrifictimbersllc

??  WM will get it to you in 3 days.  BTW you're at a UPS hub.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

MAI

Have you contacted the W-M locations in the northeast: Hannibal, NY,  Shade Gap, PA and Chesterville,ME?  They may know of a mill that is being returned or the customer cancelled their order.  I just received an email from a client in TN to cancel the insurance on a mill being returned due to health reasons.  Just a thought.  Sawmill Trader, TMS Machinery Sales and of course FF. 

mikeb1079

i've actually seen some pretty decent deals on the wm website under used machinery.  just a thought..
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

Thank You Sponsors!