iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fall shrooms

Started by Jeff, October 08, 2018, 04:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Anyone know for sure what these are and if they are edible? We have quite the crop popping up by the polebarn.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

goose63

Not sure but some you can eat some make you act goofey some make ya dead thats why I don't eat any ofem
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

TimRB

Please, please tell me you wouldn't eat them just because someone on the web said it was okay.

Tim

BradMarks

If they are edible, it would be only those still closed like the two in your hand. I have a mushroom book with lots of photos I'll try to locate and see if it is in there. On another note, I can't see a weed in that nice green lawn ;D.

Logger RK

We have some simiar  to the round top one on a logging job. I checked them out on the Internet. Sure is a lot of them,but one like that it said they make you goofy. Said in the old days farmers would put pieces of it in a bowl of milk & the flies drink it & fly into walls killing themselves. Also the Vikings would eat them before invading a village. 

Southside

@BradMarks by chance do you have any idea what this "Smurf house" is?  I found it under some cedars the other day, and no I did not eat it!!!  Thanks

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

Honey Mushroom & Deadly Galerina - Identification and Differences with Adam Haritan - YouTube

Some popped up in my quonset tent giving a perfect spore print. 
I'm about 90% sure they are Honey mushrooms. I'd need to be 100 to try them.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!