iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Veterans Day

Started by Mark M, November 11, 2003, 08:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

Happy Veterans Day!

Thanks to all of you for making our world a better place.

God bless you and God bless America!

Mark

SawInIt CA

It would be alot different if all our military did not risk their lifes to make this country better. Thank you veterans.

Dugsaws

Thanks to all our veterans who have defended our freedom without the sacrifice our country would not be what it is today.  
Doug

Gus

YES, Thanks to all who fought or served in other ways that we may live free. 8)  My hats off to ya'
Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Norm

I also would like to add my heartfelt thanks to all veterans past and present for all they have done for our country.

I'd like to say thank you to their families also.

God Bless America

Kirk_Allen

Thank you so much for your rememberance of this day and your blessings!

Kirk Allen
Retired Air Force

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Mark M

Someone sent me this today, I though it appropriate. My dad and uncles were veterans. My dad was in WWII. My Yooper uncle from Republic was in WWII, Korean War, and Vietnam War. One of my dad's younger brothers was a honor guard for President Truman.

Mark

It is the VETERAN, not the preacher,
who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN, not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN, not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer,
who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN, not the politician,
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the VETERAN,
who salutes the Flag,
who serves under the Flag,

Ed_K

How True!!! God Bless the USA !!!
 Ed
Ed K

DanG

To all of you well-wishers, I thank you for the "thank you's. It gives me a  warm fuzzy to hear that our efforts are appreciated. :)  To all you other vets out there, I thank you for your service to our country, and to the whole of humanity.

I'd like to mention two men who are close to me. Charlie Allen is my cousin's husband. He is a 55 year old Army Reserve Master Sergeant who has been in Iraq since the beginning of the conflict. He arrived home last Thursday for a 2 week leave, after which he will return to Iraq. He has had to leave his job and family, not to speak of his brand new home, and literally put his life on hold, and on the line, and has done this willingly and without grumbling. He says he will stay in the Reserves when it is over. :D
The other is Carl Petersen, who is my late Brother's son-in-law. He is "the Soldier's Soldier."  A 12 year Army vet, he served on the Presidential Honor Guard, and was on the Arlington detail, as well. He went on to persue and gain a degree in nursing, and now serves as a Nurse/Medic. He will depart within days to Afganistan, where he will be helping to set up a new hospital. He missed the Iraq thing because he was in Bosnia when it began.
I am proud to know each of these men, and hope you all will join me in wishing them well.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Haytrader

I would also like to thank you all for remembering us.
It makes me all the more proud to be an American.

Merle Hazen
1st Cavalry
Vietnam 69-70

Haytrader

pappy

To all veterans I thank  you and I hope you had a super day

Ya can't beat how Mark said it!!
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

LSUNo1

A day late but thanks toa all you guys who have served. And I want to any of you who have kids fighting over in Iraq and elsewhere now, they have renewed my faith in our youngsters of today.  

Stan

I think only Veteran's should get the day off. Not bank employees, or government workers. At least they ought to get holiday pay.  8)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Thank You Sponsors!