iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

80cc saw...who's making the best and worst..?

Started by DelawhereJoe, March 11, 2016, 10:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DelawhereJoe

With you guys going on about Dolmar, Echo, no one talks about Efco. Who's is good and who's is less then ideal.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

mad murdock

I have never dealt with or handled an Efco. They look good on paper, but I have heard more negative than positive when it comes to support.  Not sure if that has gotten better, having never had one.  I personally will stick with Echo, Dolmar, and Husky, probably in that order.  I have never been a stihl fan, just personal preference I guess.  I don't like the high price of Stihl parts.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

sandsawmill14

doesnt matter what brand the saw is buy from the best shop ;)  you will hate any brand if its a bad dealer >:(
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

HolmenTree

Top pro saw on the market closest  to 80cc is the Stihl MS461.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

sandsawmill14

holmentree  i dont have one but the mill im sawing for does and what little i ran it while my 441 was in the shop it seem awesome and will be my next big saw purchase :) they went to sthil because of the top end problems with the 385/395 huskys does anyone know if they got that fixed or was it just a few that were in our area ???

49er

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on March 11, 2016, 07:49:43 PM
doesnt matter what brand the saw is buy from the best shop ;)  you will hate any brand if its a bad dealer >:(

Or ya could buy from a site sponsor.
Husqvarna EC390 365xt
Jonsered 2188 2165 2260 2253 70e
Redmax GZ4000

sandsawmill14

my brand just took one of the new banners ;D ;)

wndwlkr65

I have a 7900 Dolmar & it does a good job. No dealers close but I do my own saw work anyway.

tom h

I have a7910 that has been modded. It's quite the saw.

pabst79

I'm very happy with my 800 Echo, its been a great saw so far, and fits in nicely with my Stihl lineup  :).

Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

AdkStihl

J.Miller Photography

BUGGUTZ

Just for conversations sake, I own a Cub Cadet 52cc 20" saw. Its made by EFCO.  I bought it a dozen years ago and use it for my light duty work. At the time it was bought to cut my firewood and I used every inch of the 20" bar. In all that time all I have had to repair was the coil burned out. Its a cheap entry level saw and was worth the money ($250-$300 range).

That said I like big Husky saws. I also run a Shindaiwa 757 28" that is a torq monster.
Everyone has to be somewhere.

Thank You Sponsors!