iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Veggie Garden 2021

Started by SwampDonkey, June 05, 2021, 01:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VB-Milling

Is my neighbor growing squash for a giant!?!?!?

What is with these flowers? They are huge!  Coming a foot over my 6ft fence.

HM126

SwampDonkey

Turns out the frost a couple days back never touched the peppers or squash vines. Apparently a record frost free days up here this year, breaking like an 88 year old record. 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

21incher

Quote from: VB-Milling on October 27, 2021, 08:25:33 AM
Is my neighbor growing squash for a giant!?!?!?

What is with these flowers? They are huge!  Coming a foot over my 6ft fence.

Remember anything  over the property line  is yours.  Hopefully they are a variety you like 😉.

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

Cleaned up the gardens today. The frost last night surprisingly never killed the peppers. But that's enough for this year. A couple clumps of green dill still there. ;D

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

kantuckid

Quote from: Texas Ranger on October 27, 2021, 05:52:05 PM
Looks like angel trumpet
It looks like it to me. Which it's highly poisonous for any part of the plant.
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Al_Smith

Back on the farm when I was just a little guy they'd leave the carrots in the ground until after a frost .My word they were huge but they didn't turn "woody ".They would store them in the cellar under dry sand .
I think frost is forecast soon so the few green tomatoes need to be plucked off the vines .

VB-Milling

Quote from: kantuckid on October 30, 2021, 08:11:42 AM
Quote from: Texas Ranger on October 27, 2021, 05:52:05 PM
Looks like angel trumpet
It looks like it to me. Which it's highly poisonous for any part of the plant.
That's the part that worries me.  We have a dog.
HM126

stavebuyer

Final chapter of Veggie Garden 2021 for me today. Hard freeze tonight. Just picked the last of the green beans, new potatoes, and sweet bell peppers. Time to tend the woodstove>

Thank You Sponsors!