iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Supermax 2-50

Started by rastis, January 05, 2022, 06:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rastis

Looking at picking up a drum sander and came across a supermax 25-50 with low hours for short money. Anyone use one or something similar? Looking for opinions. Thanks.

WDH

I have one.  While it might do wide panels, if they are long, you have to build precise in-feed and out-feed tables or the drum will gouge the piece. It has to be well supported and dead level to the drum going in and going out.  Shorter pieces that are not heavy do not have this issue. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Southside

So that's where you hid the "Tree Smoother"  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WDH

I have more than one tree smoother.  Everybody needs one or two.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

terrifictimbersllc

I have one. Home shop use. I put a Wixie digital gauge on it. My first thickness sander.I dialed in the infeeding outfeed tables, they are sturdy and adjustable, but if you're going to do long pieces or heavy pieces for example 75-200 pound slabs, you'll have to come up with precision auxiliary tables, And sturdy as this tool may he will realize it wasn't really built for that operation.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

boonesyard

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on January 19, 2022, 09:54:15 AM
I have one. Home shop use. I put a Wixie digital gauge on it. My first thickness sander.I dialed in the infeeding outfeed tables, they are sturdy and adjustable, but if you're going to do long pieces or heavy pieces for example 75-200 pound slabs, you'll have to come up with precision auxiliary tables, And sturdy as this tool may he will realize it wasn't really built for that operation.
X2
LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

Thank You Sponsors!