iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

thecfarm veggie stand

Started by thecfarm, September 29, 2006, 06:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

here's a few pictures of our stand

This has jams and jellies,chockcherries,elderberry,strawberry,blueberry,applemint,grape,apple,and buttercup squash.

This one here is pumpkins.
We still have not had a frost here yet in this area.We are on a hill and have kept the frost away.Everything is starting to die back.Garden is just about done for this year.Will be doing more fall crops next year.

This one is tomatoes and gourds.
This is all on the honor system.Only had trouble once.A 1/8 steel box cured the problem.We have some people come with a flashlight.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Paschale

Looking good!  Wish it was just up the road.  I'd be picking up some of that elderberry jam first!   ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Paul_H

It looks like there are Pumpkins with patches on them.Out here we have patches with Pumpkins on it. :P
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Roxie

That's a very nice stand!   :)  A lot of the Amish have stands that work on the honor system.  They do, however, have the money box nailed down real good. 

I can really appreciate the time that goes into making those jams and jellies.  They sure look pretty! 
Say when

Patty

Very nice stand you have there.  smiley_thumbsup    It looks like you and your family have spent lots of time and hard work preparing all the goods.   

You would think Iowa would have food stands like that, being the "bread basket" and all, but you rarely see them around here.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

beenthere

But Patty, they'd just be a stand with a pile o' shelled corn and soy beans... ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom_Averwater

I have a self service watermelon stand every year . People just put the money in a metal box for me. DanG deer ate most of my watermelons this year .
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Patty

:D  Beenthere you are so right!   You know that just chaps my hide. We have the richest soil in the world and you see few family gardens. Heck my neighbor raises hogs, but does he butcher? NO! He goes to the store and buys his meat. What a lazy bum! Actually he is typical of most folks around here. Most do not have gardens and most do not process their own meat. Then they whine about the prices of food at the store. Go figure.  ::)  Or worse yet, they go on FOOD STAMPS!  >:(
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Corley5

Good looking stuff cfarm 8) 8)  I sell pumpkins roadside on the honor system and this year I added firewood.  For the most part people are honest.  I've lost some merchandise but I also have people over pay so it works out.  The hasp on my money box was pried on this summer but they musta been scared off as that's as far as it got ::)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!