iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rough sawn sugar maple

Started by thechknhwk, November 04, 2011, 01:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thechknhwk

My trees.  I have to drop them move them across the yard and saw them.  I would be sawing them 4/4 plain.  Customer would help offbear and take care of drying.  He says he's willing to pay 1.50/bdft.  Good price for me or no?

Bandmill Bandit

seems a bit low but then maple is not easy to come by in this neck of the woods. Rough sugar maple here is around the $4BF last I bought about 2 years ago.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

WIwoodworker

$1.50bf for green hard maple is a good price for you. Especially if he takes everything. If he has cash, will help offload, and will dry his own wood...I'd take the cash. Good luck.
Peterson 9" WPF

thechknhwk

Thanks for the input.  Wisconsin is not so far away that prices should be similar.

SwampDonkey

If it's mixed grade, seems like a good deal if he takes all. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bandmill Bandit

I checked local supplier here this after noon he is paying 1.40BF from a supplier down that way and buying B-Train loads. He said the trucking jumps his cost to about 3 bucks landed here so you are getting a good price
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

thechknhwk

Thanks for the input guys.  I think I'm going to do it for him.

Thank You Sponsors!