iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new mill and just join here

Started by xlogger, January 01, 2012, 02:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

Hi all I just signed up here and already sent Larry an PM with a question. He got back to me fast, thanks Larry. I sold my manual wm mill and got a TK2000 used. The mill is great after running a manual mill. I've got lots to learn on it and sure will need to ask questions from time to time. I dropped the head down too fast yesterday on auto down and hit the cant with the blade :-\. Being new it took too long to stop it. It cut fine for a few cuts but on the next log it doved into the cant. I adjusted one of the rollers near the head side to make the blade travel level and put some down pressure on the other roller. The syp log was old and had plenty of knots. Finally put another log on after all that and it seem to be fine now ;D. Some of the adjustments seem to be at the max now, not sure what they did before I got it.  Glad to be here, Ricky
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Welcome Xlogger! I'm not far from you. Just below Charlotte in Rock Hill, S.C.

You'll love the Forum! Lots of good stuff to learn on here.

Poston
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

kelLOGg

Welcome, neighbor, I'm south of you in Chatham Co. FF is a great forum and you got a nice mill. Enjoy!
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

rockman

Larry, Thanks for the "tour" of your mill yesterday, it's a very nice machine. I'm glad you found your way here, there are alot of smart and very helpful people here.

Kevin

kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum xlogger.   You have a fine sawmill, but whatever you screw up and do wrong, you will surely do it again.  Things just happen, just not quite as often as you gain experience.

Wait until you have a good crowd watching you saw.  That's when you will screw up....big time.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bandmiller2

Welcome Rick,we've all made some less than clever moves,with practice there will be less and less.Don't be afrade to make adjustments and get a manual unless you already have one.Once you get used to hydraulics you'll never go back. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

xlogger

Thanks all, looks like a great site here. It good to be on a site like this with people who have the same mill and knowledge on it. Also with other experence sawyers. Kevin your are welcome to come back, I hope not to try to destroy my machine again when your are here :D. Also thanks to Steve and Larry who email me with so info and do's and don't on my machine. Steve I still can't match that part # with Kolher on the remote control throttle, I know I would like to have that. I'll give them a call soon. Next I'm going to have to work on my setter and sharpener. I'm going to have to get some more blades also, they only gave me about 6 blades. If anyone here has a TK sharpener I would like to ask you a few questions. Thanks again, Ricky
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Thank You Sponsors!