iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

echo cs 600p any words?

Started by lynde37avery, September 29, 2011, 06:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynde37avery

im lookin gat a new firewood saw. inbetween partime/fulltime cutting. i use efco right now their really good. but i saw Echo has a 600p chainsaw at the hardware store near me for $520. and i didnt know if anyone has any info as if it is a good saw or just some made in taiwan junk. thanks
Detroit WHAT?

miking

I like mine, as all my Echo equipment. I think you could do better than spending $520 though. I got mine on Ebay for $386 and free shipping.
Echo CS530, 600 and 680 chainsaws, SRM410U brushcutter, PB500 blower and PP265 power pruner. Also a Stihl 192c for the lil' stuff.

ladylake

Built in Japan or the USA and built good , comparable to a Stihl MS361 except for the price.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

petefrom bearswamp

I like mine,the only drawback I have found so far is that I cant seem to keep the chain tight when bucking firewood, so I just tighten every tank of gas.
This is not a problem when felling as not as many cuts.
Did mess with the jets to get more oomph
I also bought mine on line for about that price, but I think it was from Amazon.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

385XP

I like my 600p a alot. it will run a lot better if you remove part of the exhaust deflector and retune.

NCFarmboy

I'm a Hardcore Husky man 133-288 and everything in between.  Up to prob 75 or so.  I am going to own two Echo saws for sure.  The CS400 and CS600.  Best hp per dollar on the market.  They only need 2 things MM and carb. limiters removed.  Just did MM on CS400 for neighbor/customer.  It was a Clark Ken to Superman.  Impressed/Sold me with the saws.  This hard to say         GET THE 600.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

John Mc

I'm curious why it is that Echo does not publish HP specs on their saws (I could not find anything online, or in their downloadable files)
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

beenthere

Usually list displacement. Don't recall seeing HP listed, but assumed it would be pretty difficult to have a standard test for HP. Curious to the answer.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ladylake

Published numbers mean nothing it's how fast a saw cuts that counts, they do have some kw numbers on some nz website where the Echo published number are kind of high.  They must send them there a more opened up muff as the clogged up ones here wouldn't be that high. As mentioned above after muff modding a CS400 you just say holy #$%$.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

John Mc

I realize that HP numbers aren't the holy grail of chainsaw specs that some would make them out to be. (It would help a bit if manufacturers were required to list the actual specs as sold in the market in which they are advertising.) They are at least one indication, however. For example, when I look at a Husky 359 at 3.9 HP, and a 555 at 4.3 HP, I assume that despite the very similar displacements, the 555 is going to be a bit faster cutting. (I also figure that comparing HP within a brand is a bit more meaningful than comparing across different brands -- comparing a Husky 555 or 562 XP to a Stihl MS362, for example)

I'm no expert on engine specs and what they mean, but I agree there are probably other specs that would be a better indication of actual performance in the wood.

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

ladylake

One bad example of HP spec is the Stihl MS290 rated at 3.8 hp yet quite a few saws with equal or less HP cut way faster or some rated at less HP cut about the same.  Husky 346xp,Dolmar 5100s ir 5105, Stihl MS260 (3.2HP),  Ms261, my CS520 Echo 50cc not rated but outcuts the 56cc MS290 by a bunch. I'd think Stihl overrates the MS290 to sell a saw they make good money on.    Steve

sharkey

Echo cs-600p is rated 3.0Kw stock.   

John Mc

Quote from: sharkey on October 09, 2011, 06:39:02 PM
Echo cs-600p is rated 3.0Kw stock.   

3.0 Kw = 4.0 HP   Similar to a Husky 359?

ladylake

Some sites have the CS600 rated ar 4.3HP and reports have it cutting at or real close to the same speed as the Stihl MS361 regaurdless of the rated HP.  Steve

Thank You Sponsors!