iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just got a Timberjack 208D

Started by Firewoodjoe, March 01, 2020, 03:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine logger88

No but I made one out of mill felt for my 240 when we closed it in and put a heater in it. I left it on even after I took the glass out of the windows just cause it was nice not getting debris down in there
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

47sawdust

What is mill felt?
Thanks,47sawdust
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Maine logger88

It's a very tough felt material used in the paper making process to press paper. When they throw it out it is handy for different stuff like that 

OntarioAl

<b
That's mill felt with a 3/4 inch piece of plywood to support it
Bottom and sides tied down with mechanics wire.
Suction fan for winter keeps you toasty warm (change to blower fan for summer)
r>
Al Raman

47sawdust

OntarioAl,
Guess it's my day for questions.Is that a water pre-heater you have in the picture.I've never seen one like it?

Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

OntarioAl

yes it is
they were popular about 30 years ago
the propane heater was away from the machine
water circulated by convection
insurance companies would cover you if the propane heater was on the machine too many machines skidders dozers loaders burnt because of propane leaks
Al Raman

Maine logger88

My grandfather had one of those for his s7 IH I never seen one before just heard about them. How long does it take to heat up enough to start?

Firewoodjoe

So far this is what I've come up with. Hopefully I can find time to finish it soon.

Maine logger88

Firewoodjoe

Now I don't know if I want it above the grab bar or not. I see on the newer 225 and 240s the window goes in front and below the grab bar but I was trying to get away from having to build the three piece window. The way I have it in the pictures the window will just be flat. Makes things a little simpler. I don't know. I over think with lots of coffee before I'm happy lol

Thank You Sponsors!