iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New member to the club

Started by Wudman, March 04, 2008, 02:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wudman

Well, I've been playing this sawing game for about three years and I just earned my credentials to join the "backstop" club.  The events started with the second log of the day when I hit a drywall screw.  It peeled about 25 teeth off the blade and didn't cut through the screw.  I dug the screw out and hunted for more.  I was satisfied that I was okay to get back to work.  I installed another blade and finished my cut.  I turned the log and made another opening cut.  I heard that tooth on metal contact again.  One tooth just skinned the top of another drywall screw.  I dug that one out and finished squaring the log.  No more problems with metal.  I decided to put another blade on to finish the breakdown of this log (I had knocked the set out of a tooth).  About that time, a few of the neighbors came riding through the farm on horseback.  I stopped to talk with them about 10 minutes or so.  I fired up and went back to work.....sawing into the end of the backstop that I failed to lower.  Three blades in one log....I hope I don't maintain that average for long.

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

John Bartley

Quote from: Wudman on March 04, 2008, 02:11:22 PM... details snipped ...  Three blades in one log....I hope I don't maintain that average for long.

Wudman

Ouch !!  My sympathies .... I'm still a "foreign objects in the log" virgin, and I'd like to remain pure until I retire ...:)

cheers eh?
Kioti DK35HSE w/loader & forks
Champion 25hp band mill, 20' bed
Stihl MS361
Stihl 026

deeker

Wudman, you must also do the sawmillers dance!!!!   8) 8) 8) :o :o :o >:(  My favorite question from a neighbor at my sawmill is "what kind of wood were you cutting that makes such a lould squeel?"  The nerve of some people!!!

Kevin Davis
Ruff Cutts
To those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.  On an empty C-ration box.  Khe-Sahn 1968

DR Buck

QuoteThree blades in one log....I hope I don't maintain that average for long.

I've done that once too.   Only difference was it was a customers log that he was POSITIVE there were no nails in.  :D :D :D     I gave him the choice of trashing the log or try again.   I had   He had $75 in blades before I made the first board. ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!