iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mr. Turtle

Started by Magicman, May 22, 2013, 08:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

This old stripper head came to see me at the Cabin today and got tossed into my trailer.  It then got relocated three miles away.  I don't think that it will find it's way back.

I saw two more "run over" coming home, so they must have really been moving after that flood rain that we got early this morning.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

We have them here Lynn, I think they are called Wood turtles.

I've never known one to bite anyone!

It's that time of year again and they are out looking for a suitable place to lay their eggs!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I mostly only see snappers laying eggs on the edge of the dirt road down by the brook. I stopped once when 2 teenagers boys was checking out a snapper. They was having a fit,and the snapper was too.  ;D  They had never seen one up close. At least they did not run it over.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Will there be a TURTLE CRISP'N announcement?  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WmFritz

For a minute there, I thought Mr. Turtle was being "relocated" to the soup pot.  ;D :D ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

Folks eat loggerheads, (snapping) but I have never heard or anyone eating a stripped head.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

I have "road tripped" a possum, but never a turtle. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

two tired

magic, some of the people in southern louisiana eat them and say they are good, i havent got that brave or hungry yet.
when wondering about weather conditions call the dog in and see if he is wet

Sonofman

I was going down the road one day and swerved to miss a turtle. Evidently I did not swerve quite enough, as I heard the metal guard rail to my right go "BONNNGGG!" as something struck it. I looked in the rearview and there was no longer a turtle in the road. Out of curosity I stopped and walked back. Yes, I had just caught his edge and he shot out like a squeezed watermelon seed. He was OK, though, he was still crawling.
Located due west of Due West.

SPIKER

I have seen a lot of Red Ear Sliders lately but must be 25 years since I seen a Box Turtle in the Wild.   When I was a kid we saw a good number of them wandering the woods.   :-\

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Magicman

You may find this thread about box turtles interesting:  LINK

Thank You Sponsors!