iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ordered 92 link, received 102 link chain

Started by davefrommd, November 25, 2003, 07:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davefrommd

I ordered 3 loops of 92 link chain for a 28" bar and they send me 3 loops of 102 links. Could I go to a local chainsaw dealer and have the chain made smaller and what could that cost. Should I send it back for an exchange or take a 1 hour drive to the store to take care of it. I get tired of ordering things that someone messes up the order.   Dave

Kevin

Dave, considering the investment you have in saws you might want to order a chain breaker and a spinner.

davefrommd

Kevin, I think you are right on investing in a chainbreaker and spinner. I'll have to look into that.  Good idea.. Thanks  Dave

SasquatchMan

Senior Member?  That's funny.

Stan

Orderin' a longer bar won't work, they'll send him the wrong gauge.  :)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Kevin

I'm not aware of a bar that even takes 102 drivers. :-/

Dennis

30" Husky/Jonsered bars take 102dl.....

your local dealer may knock them down for you for next to nothing...or as everyone else has mentioned...maybe its time to look for a breaker and spinner:D
Just Log It.

Kevin

Thanks Dennis.
I thought they were running 92-98 with a 7.

davefrommd

I paid $4.50 to have 1 chain cut from 102 to 92... 92 is what it calls for to go on  a 28" bar. Dave

Dennis

The Stihls run 98 dl on a 30" bar typically....

4.50 seems like too much money for 30 seconds of work...if my customers come in with a problem like that....if its the same type chain...I just swap them out...doesn't hurt anyone....
Just Log It.

J_T

Maybe Dave could buy them from you .Got any saw bits??
Jim Holloway

jokers

I think that buying chain from Dennis might prove costly when you factor in international shipping, but if you want a saw modified, Dennis is a good guy to go to.

Russ

Dennis

Thanks Russ :D  Speaking of building saws...I still owe you a build or two...after Christmas would be a good time for me...things slow down here typically...let me know whatcha got
Just Log It.

jokers

Hi Dennis
You don`t owe me anything, but if you are interesed, I`ll send my 385 up to be taken to the next level. The experimental 353 was stolen, I`d be willing to bet that my lovely ex-wife knows something of it`s whereabouts since theft other than by her or her demon spawn daughters and boyfriends doesn`t normally occur here.

BTW, the MS260 Pro that you built is running great and is my father`s neck to neck favorite with the 357xp that you built. Since I first put the 357 in his hands he has apparently experienced a renewed interest in chainsaws.  ;D

Russ

Dennis

Russ, of course I am game...I already said I wanted to beef that saw up a bit more for you...when you get a chance...get it on over to me...and I can start on it..  :)
Just Log It.

Hotsaw_racer

Dennis G,
Are you going to rework all the saws that fell short?
If so you are going to be a busy man!

jokers

Hi Hotsaw

First, let me welcome you to the forum in case noone else has.

Second, do you have any Dennis G. saws? Maybe you could PM me.

Thanks, Russ

Dennis

HAHAHA....Joe...if that is your real name...bring any saw you built anytime and I will run with you...

And just for your info...The 385 in question with Russ is one of the first ones I did, and didn't know all the tricks to it....Russ has been a very good customer to me, as well as a friend..and I want to rework it....
Just Log It.

Hotsaw_racer

Russ,
 1st Thanks for the welcome to the forum.
2nd Yes I do own a saw that Dennis built I got it second hand so I didn't deal with Dennis directly.
Dennis any saw "YOU" built anytime.

Thank You Sponsors!