iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New UTV

Started by farmfromkansas, January 03, 2021, 09:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmfromkansas

Bought a new Polaris Ranger 570 mid size, decided an old coot needs a cab for winter, and only canvas doors are available for the old Kawasaki.  Have to wait for the doors for the Ranger, even though they got the UTV in early.  Seems if they turn in a sold order, polaris tries to get it out asap.  Anyway have windows and top, which helps, but now it is about to get cold out, thinking about a heater.  Anyone have one of the Inferno heaters sold by side by side stuff?  Looking at the instructions and pics, thinking it would probably help even if you don't have the doors yet. These little machines work so well for checking cows in winter, hate to drive my truck around in pasture, chance of running over a baby calf.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

snowstorm

i bought the polaris heater for my general. everything fit well. plan on most of the day to install. the dash needs to come off. it dose work very well. did you get the hard doors? i did lots of $$ but work good

SwampDonkey

I have the same machine here. I don't run it in winter. Not legal on road travel up here, nor will they insure for such. Tree crushes your cab on the woodlot, covered. Collision on a road, your SOOL plus in for some legal hurt. Will only insure off road. On club trail without pass, $280 fine. Unregistered: seized and impounded. Seat belts equipped, must be used.   Mine is a work machine for gathering firewood or watering the garden. I put the steel top and windshield and mirror in mine, plus the winch. I don't need any of the rest.

Have fun. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

moodnacreek

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 04, 2021, 08:02:26 AM
I have the same machine here. I don't run it in winter. Not legal on road travel up here, nor will they insure for such. Tree crushes your cab on the woodlot, covered. Collision on a road, your SOOL plus in for some legal hurt. Will only insure off road. On club trail without pass, $280 fine. Unregistered: seized and impounded. Seat belts equipped, must be used.   Mine is a work machine for gathering firewood or watering the garden. I put the steel top and windshield and mirror in mine, plus the winch. I don't need any of the rest.

Have fun. ;D
You have less freedom than us but were are catching up!

farmfromkansas

Yes ordered the hard doors.  Polaris drags their pipe through a die, so there is a recess in the doorway for the door to fit in, similar to a car but smaller.  Same for the windshield. The governor has decided it is OK for us to drive our UTV's up the highway, we already could ride on gravel roads.  I asked a deputy sheriff to clarify a few years ago. Cool thing is UTV's are sales tax exempt and property tax exempt for farmers, as they are work machines.  ATV's not so much. Guys put ball hitches on their farm equipment so they can pull the machine behind, so they can run back and get things when they break down, or go get a truck when harvesting etc. Saves time and labor. And cows seem to fear the machines less than they do a guy carrying a stick.  Cows seem to think men are predators.

Walnut Beast

I've got a Polaris General and I had the Polaris heater with the duct work that defrosts the windshield and heat ducts. Works fantastic. I was told it can cook you out it works so good. It will. I've got the top half canvas/window doors and love them. When cold or rainy zip up in less than a minute. When nice wide open. Front and rear glass Polaris windshield. No matter what the weather you will appreciate a enclosed cab

SwampDonkey

Quote from: moodnacreek on January 04, 2021, 08:39:03 AM
You have less freedom than us but were are catching up!
A lot of that was just introduced Jan 1, but was never allowed on highway, nor insured for such. Ever notice how legislation creeps in when there is a crisis, like a pandemic? This was provincial law implementation. Big Big influence on that is actually trail clubs, to gain control of who rides and where and on what. They want your money, pay pay pay. Silent majority always looses. Politics listens to the talking heads, not someone sitting in silence.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

farmfromkansas

The heater I am looking at is the Inferno, sidebysidestuff.com sells a kit with directions and some photos for 400.  Biggest concern is if it turns the water off so you do not get heat in summer.  Appears to be a good unit, and is made to fit the Ranger I have. When it is hot out, sure do not want the heater to be working.

petefrom bearswamp

Maybe a valve in the water line?My rtv is a 2012 Kubota rtv 900 real workhorse.
No cab and a homemade roof, if its too cold I do have the option tho which some of you guys do not to stay inside. ;D
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

barbender

A lot of heavy equipment uses valves in the heater lines that you manually turn off when it gets warm out so you don't cook.
Too many irons in the fire

Walnut Beast

Quote from: barbender on January 04, 2021, 06:28:17 PM
A lot of heavy equipment uses valves in the heater lines that you manually turn off when it gets warm out so you don't cook.
Exactly. I thought mine had that in the kit that Polaris had but it did not. I'll have to install one myself. On my heater where the blower speed is it also has the dial for cooler air or warmer air. But it seem to quit working 😡. 

Old Greenhorn

I have a Kawasaki Mule with a hard cab and doors from Curtis cabs. It also has the heater and defroster fan. I did find that the heater was keeping the cab warm in the summer. I just cut the hot water line and put a ball valve in, which I shut in the spring. I also remove the doors in springtime too because it is easier with all the climbing in and out.
 The heat does take a while to come up because there isn't much water in the system, but when I am plowing, it makes a real difference. Sometimes I have to shed a layer or two if I am at it for a long time.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Skip

Older Macks always had to turn water on/off . Wore you out in early spring fall. Roast or freeze. :) ::)

snowstorm

mine dose not let any heat come out when shut off. they take the hot water from the radiator hose. you have to cut it and add a thermostat . yes the polaris heater is pricy but it fits and works well. its made by mobile climate control. if you bought that ranger new the dealer should give you 20%off on the heater. that was the deal i got

farmfromkansas

I got a 10% rebate on the machine but nothing on add-ons. They wanted 1500 to add the heater.  This is a Case IH dealership, and they charge 110 per hour for labor.

SwampDonkey

Those deals will depend month by month. I get all kinds of coupons in email on various stuff. Only thing I use is oil change coupon. But they have coupons on accessories to. Just before Christmas was 25% off accessories.

snowstorm

i was not referring to coupons or sales. i dealer i go to i bought a new general and ranger from. he knows i will not buy unless he is willing to deal. it would take 5 hrs or more to put the heater in. the hardest part is cutting the dash for the vents. they are marked where to cut

SwampDonkey

You have a better dealer than some of us because around here they will just close the door. :D I know someone who is a big time haggler and he never got anywhere with the local dealer. Lots of humming and hawing at the end and that was all. He tried with Toyota about 4 years ago on a truck, he never got one. :D Brother bought a GMC a couple years ago had to go 100 miles from here, a lot of money cheaper. There was some local even offered discount, but was just fluff talk, in the end was going to add this or that fee on top of discount, goodbye have a nice life was what they was told. :D

I got discount of my UTV, but you're saving labour really, because them discounts come around after sales every so often. Not everyone charges them kind of shop hours. Lots of independent shops are just as knowledgeable. I know several.

Walnut Beast

Quote from: farmfromkansas on January 06, 2021, 02:07:34 PM
I got a 10% rebate on the machine but nothing on add-ons. They wanted 1500 to add the heater.  This is a Case IH dealership, and they charge 110 per hour for labor.
They can put that heater in cheaper. It should be a little less than 1k with the heater. I would raise a little heck!! 

farmfromkansas

I will just buy a cheaper heater and DIY.  They have pictures and instructions on the assembly.  All the reviews on the inferno heater are good. Says to use a 2 1/2" hole saw, think I already have one.

snowstorm

i dont see any way to control the temp with the inferno heater is there ?

Walnut Beast

Snowstorm do you have vents with your heater

snowstorm

there are lots of them.2 to defrost 3 in the dash and 2 down below. usually the fan is on low and the temp adjustment half or less. at 35 mph you will get a draft from the roof  and a few under dash foot well. i sealed some of it got to do a little more. i know there is a dust kit for a ranger. when i put the heater in i did the windshield wiper washer also. the hardest part of installing the heater is cutting the vent holes. they are marked where to cut 

farmfromkansas

The ad says it has a shut off valve, but there is no ball valve shown with the kit, so there must be some way to control the flow on the heater, but can not see anything.  Anyone out there with an Inferno heater?

SwampDonkey

Thank You Sponsors!