iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New UTV

Started by farmfromkansas, January 03, 2021, 09:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

looks like the shut off valve is for summer use. also it says they take there hot water from the oil cooler. maybe that works fine. i looked into after market heaters and decided against it. sometimes you are better off spending a little more

farmfromkansas

Called Inferno the other day, and on the mid size, the heater goes on the outside of the firewall, he said it does not bother during summer because of that.  And there is no adjustment of the heat itself, just fan speed to adjust how much heat you get in cab.  They do have adjustable side windows, so just open it if you get too hot, or turn off the fan.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

KirkD

Just an FYI I have been looking into a heater for my new to me SXS Polaris and a lot of people in the forums are talking about the one from Summit Racing they have to models but the smaller 28,000 BTU one is about the size of a lunch box and is only $171.00 I read also that they sell replacement fans etc for it.

Summit Heater
Wood-mizer LT40HD-G24 Year 1989

farmfromkansas

Looks about like the inferno, but the inferno is a kit that includes hoses for the coolant, and fittings, and the air hoses to hook up the air inside the cab, as well as the little grills for the dash.  Probably be about the same cost after you buy all the necessary parts.

KirkD

Just make sure your "Kit" that comes with it does not use cheep plastic Y's and shut off valves. Summit sells the cable operated metal shutoff valves like were on cars in the 50's They also have dash vents if you want to cut holes in your dash.

Here is a source for good Y's.

Heater Y's
Wood-mizer LT40HD-G24 Year 1989

farmfromkansas

Just looked at the kit from Inferno, includes an aluminum Y. Inferno claims 18000 btu heater, and has 4 flanges for heat and defrost.  Looks like your Summit claims 28000 btu, and kits to connect heater and defrost total with heater price to be 277.  So you might be the winner here, KirkD.

Thank You Sponsors!