iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Silver water

Started by ely, November 04, 2018, 10:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ely

Does anyone here use the silver water as a health benefit? Ionic silver water, or the colloidal silver water?

lxskllr

It can literally make you blue. I think it may have some use as a topical disinfectant, but I'm unaware of any science that shows it's good internally.

ely

I have read some about people turning blue also, but I have been using ionic silver water twice daily for more than two years with no adverse color change.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WV Sawmiller

I saw a blue guy on a TV talk show who had been drinking silver. During the show they said his insides looked exactly like his blue skin too. I don't want to go around looking like a Smurf so I will pass.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawguy21

Never heard of it. What are the perceived health benefits?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

YellowHammer

I've looked at it before.  It's supposed to be a cure all, old school.  Silver particles suspended in a carrier.  Side effects is that it may turn you benignly gray or blue.  It's never been proven to be effective for anything, based on FDA, NIH studies, but has been shown to "possibly" cause long term side effects, one notable of which is an inability to absorb antibiotics effectively.
There is some silver creme I have used for treatment of burns, Dr. prescribed, that was very effective.  1% Silver Sulfadiazine, topical use only.  

Ingesting silver is not for me, if I have to take antibiotics, I want them to work, not be blocked.  I dislike the thought of ingesting any type of heavy metal, relatively inert or not, anyway.  Just my opionin.  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

doctorb

Silver has been used for many decades as a topical antibacterial in creams, where it remains a standard part of that type of treatment.  There has never been any demonstrated health benefit to ingesting colloidal silver.  Personal choice, as the side effects are few.  The upside benefits appear to only be perceived and not measurable.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Southside

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on November 05, 2018, 10:07:49 AM
  I  don't want to go around looking like a Smurf so I will pass.
Now that you mention it WV it would be easy to confuse you with Papa Smurf!  ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

Not the first time I have heard that >:(. You know I am very sensitive about things like that. I thought people were supposed to be polite with each other here on the forum. Who do I file a grievance with?  :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Runningalucas

My wife has chronic bronchitis, in part due to a car crash she was in at 17.  She started buying colloidal silver nose spray from a local vitamin shop-"Mother's Cupboard".  It's done wonders with her flare ups.  So much so, that I figured why not??? At least for myself, so I tried it when I had a cold that was turning into an upper respiratory infection; it kept the Flem at bay.

Since then, we actually inherited our own machine to make colloidal silver.  I'm careful with usage, but take it often.  It's great topically for burns, or cuts, it makes the irritation go away, and I swear it heals faster.  I'm not blue yet;  I think the people who turn blue, really really take a lot of the stuff; not sure.  

For those who swear by antibiotics for all ailments, you should research Steven-Johnson Syndrome.  From what I've studied, a person gets it mainly as a complication to taking antibiotics.  

My mom, at age 68 went into the hospital for a simple UTI, they gave her one of the newer designer antibiotics, and presto; off to ICU for immediate airway issues.  She was intubated, and lived on a bipap for over a week.  She also turned bright red, like a lobster, and slowly over the next month all of her skin sluffed off, like from a very bad sunburn.  

She was never the same.  Her last year of life was spent in a nursing home; she could never breath well after that, and was forced to be on oxygen; as well as permanent breathing aids.  

Read up on SJS, once you get it, you'll always be effected with flare ups; it attacks the lungs, and organs, then apparently the skin.

Yup, so unless I'm dying, I'll stick to holistic stuff ;)
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

celliott

In the maple industry there is a new brand of spout (put into a drilled hole to collect sap) that is impregnated with silver. The idea is that it helps disinfect the spout and give you a longer season, because bacteria is eventually what shuts the trees down. Seems like a good idea however we haven't jumped on the idea. The maple industry has spent a lot of time and money to "get the lead out" move away from lead containing things entirely. I know lead and silver aren't the same but still, the idea that we are intentionally adding something, when we've worked hard to reduce foreign particles doesn't sit well.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

ely

I have read that silver water solutions of some sort are used as disinfectant/germ killers in the hospital industry. silver water was used as antibiotics before there were antibiotics to be used. I read most all of my information from internet sources, so take that for what its worth. I have a couple of friends that got me started on the ionic silver water, and so far I am a believer that it works. in years past I have had to go to the doctor for anti biotics two to four times a year for sinus infections that left untreated always turn into pneumonia or other illness. two years ago I had just finished my second round of antibiotics for a respitory ailment that was basically unchecked. I used the ionic silver water to get well from that and I have used it daily since then and have not been sick with anything since then, knock on wood. I do not suffer from allergies, runny noses, coughs, head aches. I have not have the stomach flu or anything else that seems to come around either. I do not take the flu shot, never have, my wife does. she is always struggling with the latest illness that comes around. I used to go in to my doctor for a checkup and catch whatever the snotnosed kid next to me had, but not anymore. this is my experience with ionic silver water. I take two tablespoons morning and evening.

lxskllr

I pretty much always have snus in my mouth, even when sleeping. Drink 2+ liters of coffee every day, and especially when it gets cold, plenty of straight whisky. Most of my food comes out of cans, and I never get sick either  :^P

Just busting your chops. All the above is true, but quitting smoking is what really improved my health. I was good for at least one bad bout of bronchitis every year. I literally haven't been noticeably sick since 2008. Every once in awhile, I wake up feeling a little meh, but not that bad, and I'm fine the next day.

You know you best. If silver water works for you, I see no serious drawbacks. Being blue would kind of suck, but it still beats being sick, and is pretty rare anyway. Maybe it does something, maybe it's placebo effect, but it doesn't matter either way. The important thing is you feel better  :^)

thecfarm

I should not say anything. Most know my diet,bread,meat and cheese. I have known my wife for about 25 years. She only seen me down once,and that was an ear infection. I must have good genes.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Pulphook

Try single malt scotch for health. "9 out of 10 doctors recommend this."
Preferred brand: Laphroaig; 2 oz once daily.
Two wood stoves ( Jotul Rangely ,Jotul Oslo ) heating 99 44/100%
24/7. No central heat. 6-8 cords firewood from the woodlot /year. Low low tech: ATV with trailer, 3 saws, 2 electric splitters, a worn pulphook, peavy, climbing line for skidding, Fiskars 27, an old back getting older.

Thank You Sponsors!