iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big Silver Maple

Started by gizmo, November 26, 2006, 08:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gizmo

This big Silver maple was taken down next door to me. It had a lot of damage from the early snow storm that brought down a lot of branches last month. The guy had a Stihl 360 but borrowed my Husky 385 for the lower portion. I know yous' like pics...

sawguy21

I see why he wanted the 385.  8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

gizmo

I was about to put it away for the winter and mixed some fresh mid octane gas. 40:1 with Stabil and ran it through the saw cutting that mama. I'll let her rest till spring and put her in my Alaskan to mill some oak.....You guys leave the tanks full for winter? I swear by stabil and use it in all my stuff. I usually fill the tany to avoid the condensation though. Your thoughts???

leweee

Great Pics ;D Happy Birthday gizmo & have a Great Day. :)
   Chainsaws should be excersized regularly if possible. ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Tom

Gizmo!

Why don't you have your Alaskan out now?  It looks like a lot of good wood laying there on the ground to me.  :)

gizmo

Most of the silver maple is all knots and quite twisted. Being my birthday today I didn't feel like doing much. Had the grandkids down and besides that I ate too much...

gizmo

Heres a pic tying off and getting some of the upper limbs off.

Please use the forum gallery for pictures
admin

Ga_Boy

It would be a shame to let that big crotch to to fire wood.

It looks like the whole tree is headed for the fire wood pile, if so that is a shame.  I am sure you could find a swing mill up there to make some good lumber out of anything that is saw log lenght.

10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

SwampDonkey

Nice tree gizmo, but your hard on the dialup connection.  :-\
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!