iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill videos

Started by Bibbyman, July 20, 2011, 03:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robnrob2

How do ya link or embed the video here on forestry forum ?
I've got several videos on youtube, but cant figure out how to link them here

Slingshot

robnrob2,
                  Play the video and while playing right click on the url and copy'
             then go to your open post, right click and paste.

That is how I do it.

Charles__________________________
sling_shot

Bibbyman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okJ9-uCBB7s

I just uploaded another sawmill video.  This one was shot yesterday morning early:30.  I'm sawing 8' red oak logs into flooring lumber and 8x8 beams.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

beenthere

Another good and interesting video. Thanks.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

Awesome video Bibbyman.  Thanks for posting. :)

AvT

They are the best sawmill videos I have seen
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Bibbyman

Thanks. 

What did you think of the length?  I shot about 50 minutes from four different angles and then edited it down to about 12 minutes.  The editing part is most time consuming.

I've been enjoying watching y-all's other videos too.  I like that people are adding the link to their YouTube accounts.
Sawing since '94

Ianab

Those videos are actually a good length if you want to actually see how a mill operates. Sure you can watch a 30sec clip of a board being cut and dragged back. But that's only a snippet of the actual operation. With a decent length video like that we can see the whole operation, from the log deck, slabs go over there, boards go this way, cants go over there.

The dog and sunrise shots just make it more interesting   ;) :D

Must get some video of my little mill in action, but my team photographer is allergic to the Port Orford Cedar that we a cutting right now, and would have to bail with a headache before we got much footage. Will see what I can do though.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Bibbyman

Part of my video production problem is that my main helper in all aspects of life is totally reluctant to the point of refusing to get involved in video shooting.  This leave me to either walk around and point and talk or set the camera up and let it run.  Only having one camera is a drawback too.  If I had a couple of cameras,  I could shoot from multiple angles and mix to get the best views of each operation.

The first log is pretty much "real time".  I cut out a few seconds in a couple of places where things were repetitive and inserted a scene from another shot to better show what I was doing – that was moving the log forward on the mill using the roller toe boards.

For sure,  I need a better ending other than just running to the end.  Maybe a Porky Pig thing,  "Bedua, bedua, bedua, That's all folks!"  :D
Sawing since '94

Magicman

Thanks Bibby.  It's relaxing to be able to watch someone else saw for a change.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Larry

Great video.  I gotta watch it again a bit closer to catch that trick of moving the log..."Don't try this at home". :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Mooney

Nice video! Adding it to our video list...  ;)

paul case

i enjoyed your videos bibbyman.
for me i cant stand to watch a video that is more than about 10 minutes. i guess i have a sitcom attention span or something. so your length and editing looked great to me.
what does a guy have to do to get into that 8x8 blocking market? i cant seem to locate any of it close to me. i can sell ties but i get some that they would reject that would make fine blocking but no buyer. the outfit i sell pallet material to buys it but arent interested in any new suppliers of it.
those black ants sure mess a lot of good wood up. i have learned to look for that hole before i cut a tree down and leave it for the firewood cutters. i still get a few sometimes from other folks. i keep an old hollowed out cant laying outside just to show them what the inside of that log may look like. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

robnrob2

Coon

Thanks for the videos guys.   ;D  Y'all are getting this redneck excited to get makin' sawdust.  ;D  The only problem is that I haven't got the mill home yet.   ::)  That should change this weekend.  Hopefully will have it home by tomorrow night.  ;D  You just never know I may turn into a high tech redneck and shoot some video as well.  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

beenthere

Another good video. Lot's of clever mods.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

beenthere

paul
Quotethose black ants sure mess a lot of good wood up

The ants are just using the rot/decay to make their home. They don't create it, just live there and can be a good indicator of internal decay (as well goes with a house/building where one sees the black carpenter ants moving about. They are an indicator that there is a water problem and decayed wood.
south central Wisconsin

paul case

how do you figure that?
on those logs that  have ''ant damage'' will have bored holes through the good wood, hence the hole through the bark. seems to me that they ruin a lot of good wood. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

Robert,  I really enjoyed the overview of your sawmill and all of the ingenious mods.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

paul
Ants only "bore" into rotted wood, not into good wood. Borers may bore through good wood, but not ants. ;)

The rot may start in a dead limb hole, starting the rot and followed by the ants.
south central Wisconsin

AvT

robnrob2

Good show, thanks,  I went to your channel and watched your on board RC plane cams shows too, very entertaining.  Sorry I laughed a bit when it crashed in the first video, sorry I couldnt help it
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Mooney

Just found these today. Lengthy, but enjoyable. From fine furnituremaker Andy Pitts in Virginia. He takes the time to demonstrate his operation, how he brings in logs, sets up his LT15 sawmill, and goes about sawing.  If this is elementary to some of you, check out his website at www.AndrewPittsFurnitureMaker.com and check out his product galleries and magazine mentions...WOW!  His YouTube channel has a bunch of fine woodworking videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLmdxqFcdeY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Aioc9Hza5w

If somehow you're still not impressed with this guy, watch THIS video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RciYfkcZzhE

barbender

Thanks, Bibby! I really enjoyed that last video. I'd like to see one of the mill really pumping out the wood with your wife sawing and you pulling slabs ;D
Too many irons in the fire

Bibbyman

Quote from: barbender on July 29, 2011, 09:44:47 PM
Thanks, Bibby! I really enjoyed that last video. I'd like to see one of the mill really pumping out the wood with your wife sawing and you pulling slabs ;D

Not going to happen.  I've wanted a camcorder for years.  Mary would not hear of it.  I got one a couple of months ago with stern warning that she would not be in any videos. bat_smailey

Maybe I need to hire a Vanny White? smiley_gorgeous
Sawing since '94

Tom the Sawyer

Bibby,

Great video, perhaps your best one yet and it looks like you figured out the narration function.
Keep 'em coming.

Tom
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Thank You Sponsors!