iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rain

Started by Sixacresand, May 05, 2013, 10:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

Saturday, I had planned for a teenager to shovel up sawdust around the mill, unload a trailer load of slabs and help me sticker and stack a pile of boards.  But it poured down rain all day.  So presently the sawdust and slabs have me locked from milling.  So my Monday I will be shoveling up sawdust, unloading slabs and sticking lumber by myself.  Plus I have a wind downed pine to pick up. Can't hardly wait to get started tomorrow. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Sixacresand

Nancy just told me its raining again, so i might have to wait until Tuesday   :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

Our ground is soggy so any activity breaks through and causes ruts.  We are better to just wait until the ground dries and hardens.  I am trying to take full advantage of this "no sawing" time.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

One thing for sure, sawdust will always need to be moved,  I like to sticker as I go just for the simple reason, I don't like to double handle,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

bandmiller2

Could be worse,bandmills produce sawdust by the wheel barrel, circular mills by the cubic yard.Could use some of that rain up here in the northeast. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

Frank,dry where you are too,I see. No rain in sight for us. We could use some. The wind here has to blow just about every day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WoodenHead

We could certainly use some rain here too.  Some of my friends are telling me that even the low fields are already dry enough to work and plant.   

taylorsmissbeehaven

It hasn't stopped raining here for over a week. Not only can I not get on the mill but I just might starve if I dont get something done at work. Looks like rain and below average temperatures for the rest of the week. I hate sitting on my hands!  :-[ Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

WDH

I will also be stacking boards this morning.  I might do a little logging too if I can operate in the woods.  It is wet here, but nice. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Sixacresand

Quote from: WDH on May 06, 2013, 07:57:12 AM
I will also be stacking boards this morning.  I might do a little logging too if I can operate in the woods.  It is wet here, but nice.
I agree WDH.  I ll take a cool, rainy, wet day over any hot summer day.

WDH

And it is MAY!  Unbelievable. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

coastlogger

Rain?...cant sticker?..... you need to pay a visit to Vancouver Islands west coast. As they say..ya wont melt.Keeps the bugs off too if its coming down in suitable quantities,preferably nearly horizontal....
clgr

Thank You Sponsors!