iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jigging

Started by oakwood productions, March 27, 2009, 03:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakwood productions

Please explain the proper technique of the Jigging practice and why this is used.
Thanks.

chevytaHOE5674

Are you referring to jigging in the context of standing stem helicopter logging, as seen on heli-loggers on TLC?

Tom

Well, what you do is get a piece of lead with some bucktail attached to it and  hide a fish hook in there.  Then you drop that rascal down to the bottom on a stout line attached to a good pole and bounce it on the bottom.  Sometimes a fish will come along and see it.  He/she will think it is a shrimp, or some other form of fish food, and bite it.  When he/she does that, you will feel a knock, or a jerk, or a thump on the line.   That's when you yank back smartly and set the hook.  If you play that fish properly, you will end up with him/her in the boat. :)

This is used when natural bait is at a premium and you need something to fish with  :P

Chico

Me too Tom I thought we were going Crappie fishing ;D
Chico
You can also use this method when you want to fish and really just don't want to catch
My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

Kevin

Jigging is a dance that loggers did back in the day.
Usually phrased as dancing a jig, with a room full it's known as jigging.

Kevin

Jigging, leaving a strip of wood that the helicopter can break and lift the tree off the stump.

shinnlinger

Quote from: Kevin on March 28, 2009, 09:32:28 AM
Jigging is a dance that loggers did back in the day.
Usually phrased as dancing a jig, with a room full it's known as jigging.

Isn't there a Monty Python skit on this????
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

oakwood productions

Thanks to all who replied to my question about jigging. I am sorry that I was not more  specific about fish or trees. Thanks Kevin for the photograph of the cut. Fred

Tom

Don't apologize!   I thought it was a brilliant title.  DanG!  if you had been real specific, it wouldn't have been but a two post thread.  :D :D

That was fun.  ;D 8)

Thank You Sponsors!