iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What to do with this Echo 610?

Started by lledwod, November 09, 2015, 10:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lledwod

I purchased this saw recently for 100$. It will not turn over, it is missing a coil, and one half of the crank case is broken :o   So I started digging into it, and find that inside the cylinder and crankcase is terribly corroded. White grey dusty/pasty stuff. The corrosion has 'delaminated the chrome liner from the one cylinder.

So .... I understand it may be difficult to impossible to get parts for this? I would say minimum it will need a cylinder and a coil. With these two pieces it just might be possible to get it back running. If I can't find a cylinder is this worth selling as a parts saw?

Thanks for any help or ideas! I sure would like to hear it run!

lledwod

It was all in one piece with bar and chain when I got it, I should have taken a photo before I started into it.

starmac

I have to ask, what would it be worth running and in good shape, no broken pieces.
I have trashed saws ib better shape, but they would have been worth parting out if a guy wanted to fool with it.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

dougand3

You got that saw real clean looking. But that crankshaft is dang ugly. I'd part it out on ebay - bet you'll make more than your money back.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Thank You Sponsors!