iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jalapeno Popper Pizza

Started by scgargoyle, February 06, 2009, 04:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scgargoyle

Well, I made this for Super Bowl, and thought I would share. I took cream cheese, mixed in some crumbled bacon, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and enough olive oil to make it spreadable. I smeared it nice and thick on a pre-made pizza crust (Boboli or the like). I covered it with sliced canned jalapenos, and some ham. I then covered the whole works with shredded monterey jack cheese, and baked it. It was very good- not as hot as I expected, and pretty rich. Makes a good easy party food. I used thin crust, pre-made cuz I'm lazy, and the canned jalapenos are more even-tempered than fresh ones.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

SwampDonkey

Yup, there's jalapeno in there to. Used cheddar instead of moz., since it's all I had for cheese. Crust raised up nice and moist. You could'a done a stuffed crust if ya wanted. ;D

Homemade. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

I took a extra nexium just looking at that ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

SwampDonkey

I suppose if your used to eating from a  box, good food might shock the system. :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Kansas

Some thinly sliced habenaro peppers spread on top would give it a nice color contrast.

Dan_Shade

if you did that, you would need a side dish of ice cream....

then the next morning, you could yell "come on ice cream, I could really use you now!"  :D
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

SwampDonkey

There is orange peppers and onion in there and fresh mushroom. But with cheese smothering everything and 1 lb of ground beef it's not easy to see. ;D Oh, and a applesauce beef sausage cut up. ;D Orangano, dill weed, cajun spice mix, chilli pepper seeds, garlic powder in there to. I've never used jalapeno much before the last year or so. I love in salads and any beef dish.

One old lady in the store, grandson in one hand, eyed me picking a bunch out of the bin and told me right up. "Those are the worst GD things I ever ate". Another fellow at the checkout said about the same thing. :D :D

Raider Bill

Quote from: Raider Bill on December 29, 2009, 06:04:34 PM
I took a extra nexium just looking at that ;D
No box lunches here. I enjoy cooking / eating a good meal as much as the next but  hellapinos and any hot spice will do me in anymore. There was a time when the hotter the better but now I pay the price.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

scgargoyle

Quote from: Dan_Shade on December 29, 2009, 10:30:40 PM
if you did that, you would need a side dish of ice cream....

then the next morning, you could yell "come on ice cream, I could really use you now!"  :D
You wouldn't be eating the ice cream at that point- you'd be sittin' on it!
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Thank You Sponsors!