iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Changed my mind

Started by kiko, February 10, 2015, 04:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiko

I while back I posted about a 132 Franklin I found and was considering buying.  Well, I changed my mind and got a fixer up 525 Cat.  It is a 1996 model ,  the 3304 needs an in frame and it needs a tire( which I already have).   It is not a little skidder like the Frank but I just could not pass on the deal.  I got it right before it went to the scrap yard.  The pictures don't show it but I have all the sheet metal as well.  Odd thing about this skidder , my first cousin bought it brand new and sold it years ago so I brought it back home. It came with the screens and no air conditioning. 

Neilo

Glad to hear you got a good deal!

Ford_man

Looks like you got a spare tire laying on top of the engine. :D :D :D

bushmechanic

I'm sure that a man of your ability will have that Cat purrrrring in no time. Remember we like pic's on here. Nice find.

lopet

My plans sometimes change too.  ;D   Congrats on your new project and let's hope all it needs is a engine and a tire.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

low_48

Those Caterpillar parts have a reputation for being really pricey, good luck. BUT, those profits are paying my pension check. Worked for Cat for 30 years.

kiko

The head is off the engine, the tire is holding the tarp in place.  I am familiar with this machine and know for fact it was pulling wood when it started mixing oil and coolant.  The bad tire is on the other side,  I got set on a rim ready for the tire man with the 525b.  In framing this engine requires removing the front axle and cradle assembly.  I am sure I will able to spend some more money  on the cradle pins and such.  I am aware of hidden cost.  I finally figured out how to post pictures, duh wifi off the smartphone,  so I will post progress as it goes along as spread out as they may be.  The parts price don't scare me much, the way I see it I spend it back in or they take it. 

so il logger

You will do just fine Kiko, once you get it back up you will have a fine machine :) And the engine repairs won't be a huge amount. Just spend the money to do it right and you will get years of use out of that kitty cat

Thank You Sponsors!