iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pete's moving along

Started by Peter Drouin, August 12, 2023, 07:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

A few weeks ago I had a small stroke. I was taking the Hot Rod out for a run. When I got really dizzy and had to set down. 
I don't remember how long that lasted. When I came out of it my R hand was all numb, well just the top half of all my fingers.
I had a doc appointment coming up in a few days. 
When I saw the doc and told them what happen. Well, they got all excited.  :D :D :D
The next day I was in a MRI machine.
They said I had a stroke,, I'm thinking WHAT,  ::) :D

The hand I can live with or have to. What gets me,
I can be talking to you face to face and forget what we are talking about. Most times I remember in 4 or 5 seconds.
Like having a dead spot in your thinking. :D
So I will keep sawing, Have to now, Just got 3 tt loads of W Pine and 4 Try axle loads of Hemlock. Not big but, some wood. :D
I have a ton of orders to fill. Some guys rebuilding big old barns, Some timbers framers putting up new ones, Boat shop wants a bunch of 3x8x14' to put in steel racks to pile boats
up for the winter. 
See we had a lot of rain here, With a little dry-up now everybody has gone back to work. and need wood now. :D :D
I have a doc appointment this Tuesday. 
Will see what they have to say.
In the meantime, Let's Rock and Roll. :D 8) 8)

I did thank the Father for a small stroke, Instead of one that would have put me in a wheelchair. See my mom had one, that put her in a wheelchair, 5 years later the next one killed her.
Let the games begin, :D :D :D :D :D smiley_monkeyfight smiley_beertoast smiley_guitarist smiley_trap_drummer
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

I hope you hit a grand slam!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Thinking about ya Pete. This getting old stuff aint for Sissies for sure.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

scsmith42

Pete, you're in my thoughts and prayers.  Persevere!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

firefighter ontheside

Glad it wasn't worse. If there's a next time, don't delay going to hospital or calling 911.  We have a saying in EMS that "Time is brain".  There are meds that can undo damage if caught in time.  The next day is not in time.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Jim_Rogers

Get well soon. Aspirin a day will help you to prevent another one. Of course, with doctor's order.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Magicman

I wish you the best Pete. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Walnut Beast

Prayers for you Peter. Time to start spending more time with your toys and doing or spending some money on your wish list!

SwampDonkey

That'll just make you stronger so you can keep entertaining the black bears. Don't over do it, that will not be a cure, and get well.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

customsawyer

Hang in there and take care of yourself.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Bruno of NH

I'm sorry to hear this Peter
Hopefully the Dr's can figure out what caused it and help so it won't happen again.
Prayers my friend. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

Thank's all for the good words,
I will push through like many here with a problem.
Will see what the doc has to say on Tuesday.
I have a bunch of questions.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

doc henderson

I agree.  hopefully this was a warning that will lead to treatment to prevent the next one.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Ed_K

It's good to hear you have lots of questions, make double sure that you get answers, and that you understand each one.

I had problems with breathing awhile ago and waited for a week when I was to see my Meyloma Doctor. After being told not to wait on problems I found out I had blood clots at the bottom of each lung. If they had broke loose they could have travled to my heart or brain.

If you haven't been taking aspirin 81mg they'll be putting you on it. I Hope that's all and everything is going to be ok.

I have to take a blood thinner because of clots.
Ed K

Peter Drouin

I'm writing them down. ??   :D :D ;D
I also want to know what bad habits are ok.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :P ;)
I'm also writing down my B,P. for 4 days morning and night. 
On the B,P,  Machine, I brought the thing with me to see If what I have is the same as theirs. on the readout. 
A&P saw Mill LLC.

doc henderson

Ed I am going to make a few adjustments on your comments.  no offense intended.  the clots that go to your lungs, come from the right side of the heart like from the atrium on atrial fibrillation or the veins in your legs.  the deep veins not the ones you can see if you have varicose veins.  also, a bruise under the skin, although it is a clot, cannot go anywhere, only if it forms inside the veins or the heart.  veins get bigger as the go back to the heart.  arteries get larger as they are closer to the heart or on other words get smaller as they move away from the heart.  so, in the lungs, a clot is moving too smaller and smaller pulmonary arteries and eventually get caught.  this is life threatening if there are many small clots called showers of emboli, or one huge clot that stops at the branch in the pulmonary artery going to the right and left lung.  the last one is referred to as a saddle embolus as it straddles the branch point and stops all blood going to the lungs.  these you may only survive minutes and why deep vein prophylaxis is important with cancers and if you are stuck in a bed or chair.  they occur after surgery or on long trips in a plane or car.  walking helps so getting up and moving is good, or freq. stops at the gas stations along the route.  I guess that is why God made old men need to stop and pee often.   :) clots that cause strokes come from the left heart or an artery along the route like the carotids.  these usually form on calcified plaque then break loose and travel along till they cannot go any further again as the branches get smaller and smaller (like a tree).  think of all this as a big plumbing design, like water from the plant starts with big pipes that get smaller as the water is distributed to the houses.  and the reverse is true of the drain water.  smaller pipes get bigger and bigger as it returns to the water treatment plant.  A coronary vessel (heart) clot forms on a ruptured plaque and stays there or travels till it is stuck.  the rupture exposes collagen, and a chemical reaction starts to form a clot as the chemical cascade begins, as the platelets assume (if they had a brain) that you have a cut exposing the collagen and you are bleeding to death.  In all these scenarios the clot is stuck where it stops and cannot get to another organ.  The fact that you had a clot means you need a medicine like aspirin or Plavix, or Eliquis to impede clot formation, or a surgery to get rid of blockages and plaque in a carotid.  In the heart we use stents in a heart cath. or a bypass for blockage in the coronary artery system. Or even a basket to catch clots before they get to the lungs.  our cardiologist, or an interventional radiologist can go in and remover a clot if the vessel is big enough.  the larger the vessel, the more cells it is responsible for suppling oxygenated blood to.  "And that is all I've got to say about that" Forest Gump!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

I would say smoking and drugs of abuse are out.  Alcohol in moderation unless it interacts with a medication.  Swearing can be good, but not in front of the women and children.  Otherwise go have some fun!   :D :D :D

Peter Drouin

Well yesterday I got up and my r side face was numb, R hand too. Went to the ER. at 10 am. They did a bunch of tests.
Have more to do I guess. Called the doc and canceled my appointment. The ER wanted to keep me all night. in between 
emergencies. At 11 pm I told them I came here not knowing I have to spend the night. And my house and stuff were all unlocked.
I went home. Will call the doc today and set up a time to see her.  And do the last test. 

I went online to look up things :o
Most die in 2 to 5 years after one. :D
I'm on meds. Looks to be a roller coaster ride. 8)
And the meds, No booze.

In a way, I can't wait to be with the father and Ann.
I have been so sad for the last 5 years without her.
 I thought running the sawmill and the Hot Rod would help.
It did not. :'(
With a yard full of logs and orders up the ass to do. ::)
I'm getting to the point I don't care.
Life without Ann sucks.

Ill let you know how I make out
If you don't hear from me I'm with Ann.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

barbender

Hey Peter, I feel for you losing Ann. But take care of yourself, you don't want to end up half paralyzed and not able to do anything. 
Too many irons in the fire

doc henderson

Peter, I hope you do OK.  I am no more an expert in this area than anyone else.  I will just say that having you here does brighten a few faces.  When it is your time, you will have all our prayers and blessings.  Many folks also fully recover and live a long healthy life after a stroke, if they make some changes.  I am not aware of the drug, that you cannot have alcohol with, but I do hope you can enjoy life as best you can.  It is very different it seems.  Godspeed Sir.  Doc!

beenthere

Prayers are with you Pete. And many of us are really in the same boat with you. Life has an ending as we know and feel it. Just don't know when. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bruno of NH

Peter lm praying for you Sir
Please go the Dr and see what can be done to help you out. I have felt like giving up before with all my health issues. But I try and think about good things and keep my mind busy with projects. 
I know it's tough you got this Sir
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

YellowHammer

Peter,
Keep fighting.
We are with you.
Enough said.

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

CCCLLC

Prayers for you Peter. Stay strong.  You have a large family here thinking and praying for you. 

Thank You Sponsors!