iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Boots

Started by Woodboogah, October 06, 2013, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trahlin

+1 on the White/Hawthorn boots.  If you are ever in Spokanne, stop in at the factory showroom and get professionally fitted.  You can watch boots being hand made, and talk with the craftsmen who make them.  I have worn this brand for 28 years myself, and my father and grandfather both wore Whites.  I have tried to save money and buy cheaper boots, but always end up back at Whites.

You only truly fail, when you fail to TRY!

curdog

I wear nicks for work. I've got three years of wear out of them and are extremely comfortable. I'm going to get them resoled since I wear the inside of every pair of boots I've ever worn. The first few weeks were uncomfortable, but they fit like a glove. And they have definitely had the miles put on them. A little expensive, but you get what you pay for.

MikeON

I wear boots with internal metatarsal protection in addition to the steel toe.  Currently a pair of Carolinas, but they are getting shabby.  Such boots are required in coal mines.
Woodmizer LT40HD Super.  WM Single Blade Edger,  John Deere 4310 tractor, M35A2C Deuce and a Half truck

Mark K

I wear Matterhorns. Last two pairs I bought online. Use to be a dealer at woodsmens field days every year. Havent been able to find them. My other favorite boots are chippewa super loggers. Last a long time.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

forest.c

labonville loggers with kevlar
forest.c

GRANITEstateMP

Labonville w/ Kevlar - (made in USA - PA I think) for woods / farm work
LL Bean Cresta Hikers (made in Romania) GoreTex  Vibram sole for going out and about (life time warranty).

I have a few requirements for footwear, the first is that it NOT be made in China!  The second is quality and durability and the third comfort.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Woodboogah

Yup made in the USA is my number one.  Comfort is a close second seeing as I am in them more then I am not.  Has anyone been to Windy Ridge in Ossippee, NH.  I have heard they have a good selection of footwear, I cant find any info in the good ol net about them.  I would really prefer to try boots on before I purchase from a company I have never worn.  Thanks
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

thenorthman

Quote from: Trahlin on October 07, 2013, 11:09:01 PM
+1 on the White/Hawthorn boots.  If you are ever in Spokanne, stop in at the factory showroom and get professionally fitted.  You can watch boots being hand made, and talk with the craftsmen who make them.  I have worn this brand for 28 years myself, and my father and grandfather both wore Whites.  I have tried to save money and buy cheaper boots, but always end up back at Whites.

you can also be fitted by any of the dealers out here, or contact them and they will send out a fitting kit.

Viberg, Whites, and Hoffman all work this way, I'm sure wesco and kulian does as well I'm just not as familiar whith them.

I would like to tour the Whites factory some day, its only a 4 hour drive.
well that didn't work

4thehalibit

i wear timberland pro mud slingers and Timberland PRO Rip Saw WP

Thank You Sponsors!