iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Joe_

Yea probably the biggest poplar we've ever cut. It measured 34" on the small end of the first log. We got 3 sixteen ft and a 12. Didn't figure up the footage but it must be close to 1500...

Joe_

We were having so much fun cutting these on Friday!! Weather was perfect, working conditions were pretty good... It was one of those day you are like "and I get paid to do this" 8) :D

stavebuyer

Quote from: Joe_ on February 22, 2020, 06:55:51 PM

We were having so much fun cutting these on Friday!! Weather was perfect, working conditions were pretty good... It was one of those day you are like "and I get paid to do this" 8) :D
Those kind of days are a treat, but man they sure can be spaced a ways apart in the logging business LOL

Maine logger88

Yup those days are really nice! It makes the days when I'm like why am I paying to do this worth it  :) :D :D
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

dustintheblood

Quote from: Maine logger88 on February 23, 2020, 07:37:52 PM
Yup those days are really nice! It makes the days when I'm like why am I paying to do this worth it  :) :D :D
"why am I paying to do this".... classic!!!   I'm totally using that
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

DWyatt

Had a great weekend with Dad acting like a logger! The ground finally had enough frozen crust that we could get into the woods. Ended the weekend with 590 bf Burr Oak, 580 bf Red Maple, 520 bf Ash, and 470 bf Sugar Maple. Five trees made 15 logs at 10'-6" and two truckloads of split ash firewood from the one ash top. Throwing them onto the mill this weekend 8)

BAN

Quote from: Skeans1 on February 21, 2020, 08:46:26 AM

A little bit of OLC in between classes maybe if I remember I'll get a few more today.
Haven't been down in 20 years. Hows the turnout these days? A couple buddies got hotel rooms from Ponsi this year.

Skeans1

@BAN
We were there for the class for CTL so we might of been in the same hotel as them. It's not as big as it was in the 90's but the turn out was pretty good, equipment wise there's a ton of shovels it's not like it was when Ross was down there.

BargeMonkey

Unfortunately it's not cutting wood, that's next week. 😂 
 So does anyone remember when AOC cost NY the new Amazon facility ? Yeah.... that's exactly what we are doing, only in NJ.... 2-6k yd per day on average. It's not oil money but it's a decent check. 

Got to sail an 1100 ft container ship today, 3rd boat out working with Moran but hey why not. 

If your prime rib isnt made by a guy wearing Grundens raingear...  your missing out 😂 

Its 1630, rolling around shifting, I hear alarms going off, I just get to the door and he tells me we lost an engine. 

I'm standing on the stairs, light in hand watching the 8" shaft, big 3 strand in the wheel waiting to see the water come in, swim lessons in 5mins or less 😂 Gf sees my messenger light on and asks if everything is ok ? 😂 standby... 😂 

Oliver05262

God bless you, Eric; yer just takin' it in stride. It's a great life, even when it isn't. Hope it all works out OK. Keep us posted. Pictures if you have time, mate.
OD
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

BargeMonkey

It's not something most people see, why I even bother posting them. I'm just a weekend warrior hobby logger now 😂 

hacknchop

I enjoy your pictures water or woods your posts are both interesting and entertaining.  Thank you
Often wrong never indoubt

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Nebraska

popcorn_smiley I know it is off topic but what happened with the tug? I'm guessing I'm not the only one. I liked the prime rib chef attire, keep eating it we will keep making more.

BargeMonkey

Didnt make out bad, the capt on here is good, he managed to back it out. Stuff like that doesnt end well sometimes. The prior owners of this boat wherent big on maintenance, normally when they sell a boat it gets turned into a reef offshore, this one is due out of the water next yr so I'm leery of the condition of stuff. 😂 

I've been on this boat, ☝️ that picture was yrs ago but same situation, picking up a barge and caught the wire in the wheel, pulled the shaft out, crew had enough sense to drive it into the mud and not sink off the Colgate clock. Alot of these older boats have all sunk or burned at least 1x, theres a couple of them around that are working that sank and killed the entire crew, raise it and put it back to work.  I was on the ex- Edmund J Moran up north briefly, that had been built for the war, involved in D-day towing an ammo barge, ran down a U-Boat off Cuba, GM actually had a published ad about how many times it had been around the globe. 

Nebraska

say_what Not sure which is the more dangerous line of work between your two avocations, yikes, stay safe.

bulldozerjoe

Quote from: BargeMonkey on February 27, 2020, 10:07:26 PM
Didnt make out bad, the capt on here is good, he managed to back it out. Stuff like that doesnt end well sometimes. The prior owners of this boat wherent big on maintenance, normally when they sell a boat it gets turned into a reef offshore, this one is due out of the water next yr so I'm leery of the condition of stuff. 😂

I've been on this boat, ☝️ that picture was yrs ago but same situation, picking up a barge and caught the wire in the wheel, pulled the shaft out, crew had enough sense to drive it into the mud and not sink off the Colgate clock. Alot of these older boats have all sunk or burned at least 1x, theres a couple of them around that are working that sank and killed the entire crew, raise it and put it back to work.  I was on the ex- Edmund J Moran up north briefly, that had been built for the war, involved in D-day towing an ammo barge, ran down a U-Boat off Cuba, GM actually had a published ad about how many times it had been around the globe.
I see some of the same logging pics on Facebook, that u post here.. looks like by some guy named joe Dahl.... 
New holland tc 45
Fransguard 4000
Sthil 021-028super-029-066

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: bulldozerjoe on February 27, 2020, 11:18:29 PM
I see some of the same logging pics on Facebook, that u post here.. looks like by some guy named joe Dahl.... 
:D :D :D ;D ;D ;D That is obviously a modern day plagiarist ;D ;D ;D ;D!!!!
 either that or somebody is busted. :)
 I guess you can't hide on the internet.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

nativewolf

Liking Walnut

nativewolf

Oops, wo and more wo.    That was a long nasty stem, huge buttress on back. A few good logs but in daylight realized I had a double heart or two to trim.

Re that wo with the bend, anyone sell those for boat parts?
Liking Walnut

Skeans1

nativewolf

Well they would like them cleaned up more but, I am selling wo and have had calls from 17 mills brokers etc in last month .  So I don't clean up too much and price does not differ.  They grumble, I say why dress up a corpse 😂
Liking Walnut

Bandmill Bandit

Some very pretty wood! Any guesses what it is? The little lady has not decided what it will be yet so it still laying on the mill. I'll let you know what it is when she decides what it will be.  

HINT:

Its a hardwood!
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

donbj

I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Thank You Sponsors!