iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

using a resharp service

Started by Jamey, September 16, 2001, 08:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamey

I have been debating on using woodmizers resharp program .I would like to know if any of the full time sawyers are using it ? If so what are the advantages .  ::) I just love these smileys .

Tom

No, I haven't jamey.  If you are real busy it may be worth it but I have always found the time to do it myself and I feel comfortable that I know what I have and I've saved a few bucks too.  I can charge myself what I want for my time and so far it has been free. :D

Bibbyman

We've used the Wood-Mizer re-sharp service for a couple of years now,   first from the Kentucky location and now the Missouri location.  We have been very pleased.  The blades come back sharp, set, clean and lightly oiled and ready to use.  They cut better and longer than the blades I sharpened.;)

I can make money at about 5/1 ratio over what the sharpening cost vs. spending the same time sawing.  And I suspect we gain the cost of the sharpening just in the better performance.  

Even if I don't have sawing to do,  I about rater have my teeth cleaned while listening to rap music than to sharpen blades.;D

We've sold our sharpener and setter to some Amish brothers with a Wood-Miser mill.  We're both happy.
 8) 8) 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Barbara_Gill

I second everything Bibbyman said. ;D
Barbara Gill
www.velvitoil.com

Thank You Sponsors!