iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blockbuster 15-20

Started by Nemologger, June 04, 2015, 11:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemologger

Do any of you guys own a Blockbuster 15-20? Im looking for info , I might have found one. It is a 2010 with 1400 hours. What would this be worth? It also has a 10 ft conveyor with it. How much wood will it cut in an hour with good straight white oak and red oak?  Also I would like to hear the good and bad on this model. Thanks guys.
Clean and Sober

timberlinetree

Know someone that had a small one. Was a good machine.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

lopet

I own a 1992 block buster for about six or seven years . It had 3300 hrs on the clock when I got it and it wasn't working, handles 20 " diameter and is holding up surprisingly good but has some welds here and there . ;D
I am not familiar with the newer models and I am sorry for not being much of a help.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

North River Energy

From the promo videos, I'd guess a consistent cord/machine hour in good wood.
Would not want such a short conveyor, however.
Not sure which model I've watched in person, but I liked the overall design/layout, and it looked like there was some thought involved. 
Would be on the short list if I was in the market.

4x4American

We have a 12-14 and it is a decet unit.  If I was making my living with a firewood processor, this would not be my machine of choice, but for what we do with it, it is ok.  The design is okay, but pretty frequently it gets gummed up in one way or another.  Most of it is moddable, but its not my machine so i dont do modding, just maintainence and run it.  When everything works on it, it goes pretty good.  In my opinion, the 12-14 is too small for anyone doing it more than a hobby.
Boy, back in my day..

Corley5

I run a 1,000-1,200 face cords annually through my 14-12.  It'll be ten years old in December and has been an exceptionally good machine.  We'll process and deliver 10-15 face cords daily in our average hardwood pulp with two people.  A 15-18 built short like the 14-12 with a third strand in the live deck would suit me just fine.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!