iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woman Brings Home DOE with Antlers

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 21, 2014, 08:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

beenthere

Happens, just like hen turkeys that have beards.
In WI, even tho it is a doe, the DNR counts it as a buck.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

gspren

I went in the local Dollar Store a few days ago and the woman behind the counter had an impressive mustache.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

the one my uncle shot a few years back still had the velvet on them and that was in December

Chuck White

There were 2 or 3 taken in this area, back when I was in my teens!

Haven't heard of any antlered does being taken in a long time in this area!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SLawyer Dave

Another worrying trend, (at least here in the West), has been that since so many of our hunting zones require Forked or Better, for harvesting bucks, the number of "spikes" who never grow the forks has skyrocketed.  They tend to live longer, produce more offspring, and so we are in effect selectively breeding for spikes. 

clww

Back many moons ago, we ran a general store in the mountains of Virginia. We also ran a big game check in station. I remember in five years we checked in 4 different does with antlers. All were taken from different areas, many miles apart, so most likely no genetic interbreeding in their particular gene pools.  We also had a hunter bring in a gorgeous eight point (minus his testicles) in velvet in late November.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ron Scott

The Michigan DNR say that they average about 8 such does with antlers checked through their check stations each year.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!