iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This is just TOO nice.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, May 06, 2013, 08:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This is just stunning. Nice craftsmanship. A friend sent me this asking if I could build one like this for him.
I gave him WDH's number.  :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

justallan1

WOW, that is simply beautiful!
Allan

WmFritz

That's amazing.  :o :o :o I'm curious about the price tag.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

That is out of this world awesome.  The price tag was also my thought.  I can only imagine, but really I can't.   :o

David, you would only have to build one per year.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dodgy Loner

Looks like a hybrid between a pool table and a hippopotamus :o
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Magicman

Where is Burlkraft when we need him  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tree Feller

Quote from: Dodgy Loner on May 06, 2013, 09:21:59 AM

It sure does.   :D :D :D
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

Jay C. White Cloud

(Pre internet days-so photos hadn't been taken)

Can't speak for the one shared, but a similar one made with spruce burl, hand felting and elk leather sold for $28K in the late 80's.

Beautiful piece!!!

Does WDH make things like this?
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

Warbird

I wonder how the table is attached to the base/legs.  Combined with the rock slab underneath the felt of pool tables, and those logs, that thing has to weigh a LOT.  Just wondering how they got everything attached so the legs don't spread under all the weight?

Jay C. White Cloud

They are built in sections, and each builder has there own tricks.  The legs are brought in first and and usually set on a cardboard template.  The "play field" or "slate" and it's cabinet may or maynot be one assembly, and goes on nest.  You are correct about ones like in the photo, they doe weight quite a bit.
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

Ocklawahaboy

A friend of mine sent me that pic with the subject line "build me one".  I told him that if he would have the olhousen table delivered to my house for me to use as a donor, I'd get started on the woodwork right away.  So far, I haven't seen the table.

DanG

I was thinkin' it looks like a Rhinoceros chassis. :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: DanG on May 06, 2013, 01:43:49 PM

I was thinkin' it looks like a Rhinoceros chassis. :D

DanG.  :)

Lud

Goes without sayin' that you'd need the right stock to build something like that.  I think the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar in Jackson Hole is tricked out with similar wood , which I was told was some kind of tree disease or virus that makes a stand of  trees go all knobby.

Heck of a pool table and from the look of the house there wasn't any problem paying whatever for it! :o
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

sprucebunny

A person could spend a lifetime just looking for legs that had toes like that :D

Cool !!!
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

SwampDonkey

Wait until I build onto the house here to hold the thing, then I'll get back to ya. :D :D

Nice piece of art, along with the cue rack. That floor looks pretty nice to. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: sprucebunny on May 06, 2013, 05:07:11 PM
A person could spend a lifetime just looking for legs that had toes like that :D

Cool !!!

Everybody down South has legs and toes like that.  :D :D :D

WDH

Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on May 06, 2013, 10:19:56 AM

No Jay, I don't do anything that hails from the Jurassic period.  David is just picking on me  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on May 06, 2013, 09:46:36 PM
Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on May 06, 2013, 10:19:56 AM

No Jay, I don't do anything that hails from the Jurassic period.  David is just picking on me  :).

:)

Thank You Sponsors!