iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Have you ever heard of Cow Oak?

Started by WDH, May 03, 2007, 10:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Quote from: Dodgy Loner on May 12, 2007, 03:33:54 PM
The prospect of visiting this Torreya State Park that DanG talks about has really perked up dendrological brain cells (which is most of them).  I've always wanted to see them growing in the wild.

DL,

I have never seen dendrological brain cells growing in the wild, either ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

tcsmpsi

WDH

It is with notable sadness that I relate, having checked with the service, our magnificent Magnolia was "withdrawn" some 10 yrs. ago.   :'(
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

WDH

That is sad.  Maybe there is another big one somewhere over there ???.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

tcsmpsi

There is one which took the place of the previous champ, but it is not near the area.

However, in the Big Creek area, where my buddy was withdrawn, it is recognized for its richness in species of others as well as Magnolias.  'Surprisingly' so, that part of the trail is known as "Magnolia Loop".

I was concerned, once I had got to thinking about it again, that there might be possibility of its withdrawal.  It had a large hollow, which would easily accomodate a human creature.  I know one who had spent quite a bit of time in there.   ;)
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

WDH

That gives a new meaning to "OneWithWood" :D.

tcsmpsi

Perhaps, not so much a new meaning.  Rather, application of one rather old.   ;)

Thank You Sponsors!