iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A peek at my Sawbooth ...er...Box

Started by Eggsander, October 25, 2001, 09:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggsander

Haven't got the pics off the camera yet. I'll maybe get a chance tomorrow.
But I am pumped! The truck finally showed up! Yep, the one with a couple big packages from New Zealand! My Peterson mill made it home at last. I got most of assembled and brought it to the house tonight. Need to finish checking things over and hopefully I'll be ripping some oak this weekend.
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Hey Kevin, have you got your WM yet?
Steve

Kevin

Keep us posted egg.

I received a phone call from Wood-Mizer today.
They have the LT-15 in and assembled the unit onto the trailer package.
It`s the first one they have sold and when they got the unit together they hitched it to a truck to drive it around the yard at the shop.
When they started looking it over they noticed only one tire had mud on it and the other wheel was out of alignment.
They ordered the replacement parts from Indiana but they wont be in until at least Monday which was the day I was going to pick it up but Ill have to wait until they call me and confirm it`s ready to go before I make the trek to get it.
I`m a little disappointed but Im glad they caught the problem  there before I picked it up.

Eggsander

I know what you mean about delays, its hard to be patient. It took longer to get the thing shipped from L.A. to A.L. on a truck then it did to get from NZ to L.A. on the boat.
Then when it finally arrived this is what the crating looked like:

The only packaging left attached to the tracks was a small piece of cardboard with a "fragile" sticker on it. Needless to say I was a little concerned.  :o
The good news is Peterson called me to check on the shipment and said the would replace anything damaged and ship it immediately by air. The better news is that I have not yet found anything to be missing and the only thing damaged was a couple of rubber handle grips.  :)
Now if I can finish framing up my buddies addition, and finish my leanto, and split some more wood, and clean up the yard, I should be able to do some sawing yet this weekend. I should probably try to hit the lake too, with the weather we've had the last couple of days there's got to be some northern ducks that have moved in..... Hmmm looks like I might have to reorganize this list a little.   ;D
Good luck with your WM. I think we're both gonna feel a little spoiled after pushing the Alaskan.  ;)
Steve

Kevin

They called, the 15 is ready to roll.
I have the dogs harnessed and ready to go, see ya`ll in a few days ....

DOGS  MUSH

Tom

Kevin,

This is exciting.   Be sure you take pictures of the delivery and trip and the first log cut and all that stuff.  Not only am I interested in your project but you have a prime opportunity to create some personal history here.

Have a SAFE trip, we want you back. :)

Jeff

Kevin I just want you to know, that while you are gone were goona turn you around...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Eggsander

Glad to here it Kevin! Can't wait to see a few pics.  :)
Steve

Thank You Sponsors!