iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New member, just saying hello!

Started by Topp, January 07, 2014, 04:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topp

Hi all,

New here, but have been lurking for a while.  Thought I'd join in.

I cut firewood for heating my home, live inside the Manistee NF where there is plenty of standing dead Ash to cut.

I'm currently planning out a new fruit tree orchard for my family.  As much as I enjoy a warm fire, taking trees down is saddening.  Most of the Ash trees will be gone before too long.  I like to plant a few trees each year to replace what I took.  This year it's going to be fruit so I get more back.

Thanks for reading and hello!

Seaman

Welcome Topp,
You will find a great crowd here, able to help with about anything. I like the idea of fruit trees, we are trying to start a bunch of native trees on our farm to sweeten it up for kids and wildlife. Paw-paws, hazelnuts, persimmons, buckeyes and such.
Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

justallan1

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. Topp.
Lots of good information here and plenty of good people.

Allan

Shotgun

Good morning, Topp.  You didn't mention that the Mansitee National Forest in located in Michigan's northern Lower Peninsula.  Also, you might want to show your general location in your profile.  Easy to do.  Folks always want to know where your posts are coming from. Additionally, you're going to be a good candidate for attending the FF pig roast in Harrison at the FF World Headquarters the first Saturday in August.

You've found the best forum on the Internet.  Glad to have you on board.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Topp!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Hello Topp, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

Indeed welcome. Jeff does a great job of feeding you at the pig roast. bg

thecfarm

Topp,welcome to the forum. My father had bunches of fruit trees here. Nut,apples,cherries,plums,peaches. Some did good,some not so good. Must have an Extension around you? Mine is at the local college.Need to know how to prune and care for them fruit trees. Here in this area the Extension will have outdoor classes kinda late spring.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fat olde elf

Welcome Topp !! Shotgun is right !  Mark the first Saturday in August for the Pig Roast.  This event is the main reason that I drive 700 plus miles each summer from NC.  Just seeing the smiling faces of this cast of characters is worth the trip. Hope to see you there...........
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Thank You Sponsors!