iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Enter nature.

Started by Stephen Alford, February 27, 2013, 11:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Alford

Sometime ago got a notion to build  a bumper blade. Had posted some pics back when I started. Got a  bumper off an ol truck reversed it  to use  as a drag for leveling ruts. Well added  a couple braces, and with the down pressure worked great. So added a removable piece on top for shoving snow. Then a couple digger teeth for emergency brakes.  Enter nature. So many species of trees and only one kind of "Stump".  ;D  Broke her clean off.  New plan,  solid 2" stock tapered for easy removal. 

:D :D

Some things just end well.   :)

logon

sprucebunny

That was probably the cheapest break you could have  :)

Thanks for the pictures and reminder.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

moosehunter

I don't see the break, but I am always impressed with any piece of equipment that has it's own bench vise attatched!!!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

thecfarm

What is attached to the bumper blade,your tractor? You did a real good job at the sunset too. Is that the ocean?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Stephen Alford

Well sprucebunny , you and many other members have inspired me over the years to work toward the solution even when the answer is not apparent. Just wanted to show how things evolved.
    Moosehunter ,half inch clip pins  were used at first to pin the bumper on  and over time I am now at 2". 

Just seems to be the way it goes when stumps are a part of your daily life.  :D   A vise is the best coworker you can have. Steady as a rock, quiet and take a heck of a pounding. If you put them on a piece of plate welded to square tubing they  can  be used anywhere there is receiver stock.

Hey cfarm, its attached to the front of the tractor. Had the hydraulics up there for the winch so just split them.

If you notice in the sunset pic there is a house to give those kegs size some perspective. Spent yesterday afternoon moving back to a woodlot I worked on last summer. Used to come here for a dip and some lunch. Were not at food but I am thinkin about it.   :)

logon

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offthebeatenpath

Stephen,

I'm constantly impressed with the ingenuity, composure, and perspective that make up your thread entries. It's a good combination.  Would love to see your spread on PEI someday...

Jed
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

Stephen Alford

Thank-you, those are kind words. Just want to contribute which can only be what you have not something you don't. How are you getting along? Hope your not ready to grab your ditchbag yet. Should you find yourself on our wee island would be glad to show you around but you may have to ride in the back, "just sayin"   :D

logon

thecfarm

Talk about a logger's truck.  :D Looks to be organized too.

samandothers

i hope you never have an accident!  Particularly one that involves roll over   move_it

Offthebeatenpath

Ha! Looks like riding in the back would be just as safe and comfortable...

Roads are now posted on my dead end road.  Mud season is near.  My wrist and my skidder are still broken, so I'm looking at calling it a wash out for logging this season and starting back with my other (non-logging) work operations.  If I have a good go of it during the warm months, I'll have saved up enough to log it away next winter...  Still have a smile on my face though.
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

thecfarm

Offthebeatenpath

thecfarm

I will have my FF hat on and if it's warm you will see my suspenders.

Thank You Sponsors!