iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally installed a Lubemizer

Started by dogbo2013, May 05, 2024, 07:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogbo2013

After struggling with choosing the right lubricant for years, I finally upgraded my LT40 with a Lubemizer setup. Pine has always seemed to be the biggest offender and causes me the most issues with pitch build up. I have been able to deal with it using water and cotton picker spindle lube, but I would go through 1.5-2 tanks of lube a day. I have always hated the amount of water it put on the wood and mill, but it was the only thing that would effectively cut the pitch. Now I am running diesel only and using very little. It cuts the pitch with ease and I am using about 2.5 gallons for every 40 hours of cutting. Based on recommendations from others on this forum, I plugged the bottom hole on my guide block and only use the sprayer on the top of the blade. 
GMB

Magicman

That is a sorta expensive upgrade but worth every penny.  :thumbsup:

I mostly saw Pine but I have not made the switch to Diesel yet.  When I see any blade buildup, I switch to continuous for probably 5 seconds and then back to pulse.  My 5 gallon jug easily last a couple of weeks.

My mix is a glug (about 2 oz.) of original liquid Cascade per gallon of water.  I found that even the spindle lube that I was using made suds while mixing and Cascade does not.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ladylake

Back when I was using soap and water I used the same as dogbo 1 1/2 or 2 jugs a day.  Good move switching to diesel, now you can honestly use a quart or 2 a day.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

TimW

Quote from: Magicman on May 05, 2024, 07:40:32 AMThat is a sorta expensive upgrade but worth every penny.  :thumbsup:

I mostly saw Pine but I have not made the switch to Diesel yet.  When I see any blade buildup, I switch to continuous for probably 5 seconds and then back to pulse.  My 5 gallon jug easily last a couple of weeks.

My mix is a glug (about 2 oz.) of original liquid Cascade per gallon of water.  I found that even the spindle lube that I was using made suds while mixing and Cascade does not.
Lynn,
       I use Dawn dish soap.  Works fine for me.  But it does make lots of suds upon mixing.  I'll try Cascade next fillup.
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

Magicman

Get the Cascade in the light green jug.  I remove the white squirt cap so it will glug.DSCN0302
DSCN0306
One glug (about 2 oz) per gallon.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fluidpowerpro

I have had good luck using pine sol (or generic equal) that I get at the dollar store. It's cheap enough I can use it generously. I put it in after the water so it don't suds up.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

Thank You Sponsors!