iDRY Vacuum Kilns

GO button

Started by isawlogs, February 10, 2007, 09:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

When looking at any pages other then page one in any of the forums ... ya get prought back to page one ...   Lets say you was on page  3  and want to look at a post , after reading said post ya hit back GO ... well ya get page one ...  Any way of staying on the page ya looking at  ???
  Am I missing something .. wont be the first time  ::) :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

That 'Go' is a Jump button I believe. It jumps you to a different sub Board. You can hit the 'Go Up' or 'Go Down' buttons to the lower left and upper left of the currant page to go to the top or bottom of the page automatically. Then, you have your pages 1 2 3 4 5 , depending on the size of the thread, listed across the top or bottom beside [Pages]. Click on any of those to go ahead or back. Or on the currant page use the scroll bar on the right to go up and down the current page manually. You also have the <<Previous Next>> links on the upper right and bottom right to move back and forward through the pages.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

As far as I can figure out .. that " Go up " button will take you up on that page ... 
   Try this .. go to the page 7 of the sawmill forum ...  open it up look at any post ... try to go directly back to page seven with out going to page 1 ...
Let me know how ya do it .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Hit your browser back arrow button, or History menu item or right click on the back arrow of the browser to see a history list. The topmost item is the last page viewed, so if there are 4 'Sawmills and Milling' the 4th one down is the first page.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

Ya .. I know that I can use the Back button on my browser ... But if you use that , the new post thingy is still there .. Well thats ok , I just thought there was a way to Go back to where you where on the page you where with out going to jail ...  ;D  Guess I,ll just have to remember where I was .... dats a big job

Marcel

Furby

I just use the "back" button, several times if needed.
Another option is to right click and then open your page in a new window.
Or "control + N" and open a copy of the window.
That way you can close out the second or third windows and still have the first window back where you were.

The new post thing will go away if you refresh your page, the page refreshes anyways when you move to a new one, so the time is about the same.