iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Like Button

Started by Sixacresand, November 27, 2016, 08:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

Did I miss the post about the Forum "like" icon and the end of a post? It shows me that I liked it. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

John Mc

There is a thread about the Like button in the "Tech Support Topics" area
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

jmouton

lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

LaneC

Would someone please explain the "like" button. If you like something you read, why do you have to hit a like button? I do not understand the concept of telling someone you liked what they read or not. I must be missing something because I just do not understand it. Excuse my ignorance, but please someone explain it.
Man makes plans and God smiles

Jeff

Quote from: LaneC on November 28, 2016, 05:27:20 PM
why do you have to hit a like button?

You don't. Completely unnecessary unless you want to. Sometimes a person would like to say Hey! I agree with that or Hey! I think that's cool! Well, you can do that simply by hitting the like. Or not.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

I must admit, after using it a few times, I very much like the 'LIKE' button.  For instance, when WDH posted the potential for rain.  Nothing I could say communicates any better than hitting the button to let him know, I've been following and paying attention out of sincere concern.  It's also a great way for someone that doesn't have any skill or knowledge to contribute, to acknowledge interest, and appreciate something that was shared. 

Two thumbs up!   8)
Say when

Texas Ranger

Of course, there may be a need for a "don't like" button.  Just saying. ;D :D 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Quote from: Texas Ranger on November 29, 2016, 10:42:13 AM
Of course, there may be a need for a "don't like" button.  Just saying. ;D :D 8)
I and my fellow admins are all the don't like buttons you will ever need..

LaneC

Thanks for the explanation. I "love" the Forestry forum, but I will probably skip the "like" button. Thanks again for explaining.
Man makes plans and God smiles

bandmiller2

I must have been napping when did this " like" box show up after posts, is there a purpose??
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Jeff

I guess I could quote all the previous posts in this topic. Or is your question simply retorical?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

So you mean The Goat has at least a small chance at being liked?  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!