iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

grapple bucket

Started by jmouton, November 29, 2014, 09:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmouton

we have been on many  portable sawing jobs over the years  , ok only 3 yrs but seems like a lot of cutting in that time ,   and we have always  winched up our logs up the ramps of our lt-25 ,   well   today  was awesome  at our site we had a guy  loading the logs with a brand new  bobcat skidsteer with a grapple bucket  ,,,   it was great  ,  did i say that already ,,,  my partner is on vacation so i had to bring a friend to help who never helped before  ,   and i let him mill after a while , well  after ruining a couple of blades  he finally got it  , i hope ,,   we milled  about  1300 bd ft today of ash, elm and oak ,in 7 hrs ,  very productive with  the grapple bucket  ,the logs averaged about 10- 15 inch so lots of loading  and unloading ,  we get to go back and mill more next sat  ,   very good day,,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Magicman

Congrats on a very good day.  Hydraulics are good no matter what they are hooked to.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jmouton

yes magicman   hydraulics are very good
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Nate379

What mill are you running?

Yes grapple is nice.  My business partner was using forklift and a skid steer with forks.  I brought my grapple when I moved my stuff over.  It sat unused for a few weeks and I finally stuck it on the skid steer cause it was a real pain using forks.
Well they pretty much haven't been off the machine since.  :D

I have these one:
(Ebay ad deleted by Admin)

Have a few hundred hrs on it, has worked great other than blowing the hoses a few times.  Either from getting hung on something or one just blew apart a couple weeks ago.  I put 4000psi hoses and that seems to be the ticket.

Thank You Sponsors!