iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New member introduction

Started by Tim R., December 16, 2015, 04:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim R.

Hi, my name is Tim.  I just joined the forum.  I am looking forward to using the resources here and sharing my eventual expertise and knowledge(may be a long wait).  I will have a website so everyone can see what I am doing wrong.

My wife and I are purchasing some land in New Gloucester Maine with the plan to build a timber frame home and outbuildings.  The outbuildings will likely come first.  I have experience with woodworking, carpentry, cabinet making and just an all around handy guy.  My wife prides herself on her manual labor skills especially when it comes to demolition!

Last summer I took a week long timber framing course at Yestermorrow in VT.  I have since built a set of timber frame saw horses.

I have a plan for a 14x24 shed that we may use as a 3 season home while building our timber frame dream home.  It then will likely become a garage/work shed.  We are currently living on our boat in Maine but are looking forward to moving back to land and starting our small farm.

Thanks
Tim R.

beenthere

Tim
Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Hope you put some pics up in your album in your gallery here. Look forward to seeing them..
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jwilly3879

samandothers

jimdad07

Welcome, I am looking forward to seeing your progress. 
Hudson HFE 30 Homesteader bandmill w/28' of track
Couple tractors, a bunch of chainsaws and not enough time to use them.

Raphael

Greetings Tim

A little unsolicited advice:  There were many times in the process of building our timber framed house when I thought "I should have built a barn first"...  And I still need a workshop (much as I enoy a table saw in the office and router table in the living room  :D )
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Tim R.

Thanks Raphael.  We do plan on building the garage/shed first and likely use it initially as a 3 season home while building the main house.

Also, if anyone is interested there are a couple of videos on our website below that show a time lapse of a stick frame shed raising and a timber frame shed raising.

fishfighter

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to your build.

Boat living, man I miss those days. :(

Thank You Sponsors!