iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jeff and Tom's Florida adventure 2006

Started by Tom, February 12, 2006, 12:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Quotethey were out-lawed because of their danger.

No Kidding  :o  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Minnesota_boy

Should provide a real thrill if the tree were to rock backward and pinch the saw blade.  :o :o :o
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

SwampDonkey

The old timers had some kind of circular mill to buck firewood and 4 foot pulp before chainsaws. My grandfather cut so much firewood he could do it in his sleep. He used to cut it for the church on the Indian reservation, the school, and many people in town.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sprucebunny

Tom, that must be this place that I stopped to take some pictures of on my way to Bryceville ;D

That's some cool wood !! Do you know what is made out of the knees in the first picture ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Bibbyman

I saw a Amish man use a saw that looked like this one.   

I got to know him when we stopped to see the old Wood-Mizer he was sawing with.  He had the axles out from under it and it setting on the ground.  He had another engine hooked to the power drive so no motors. This was the first Wood-Mizer mill I'd ever seen.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Tom

Cypress knees cannot be harvested because it harms the tree to remove them.  Most knees now come from land clearing jobs.  The  have had a place in furniture making for a long time, being used in the framework of chairs and tables for display.  They are more frequently made into lamp bases and you will  find them in old homes used for door stops. :)

I think we must've taken some of the same pictures you took.

Did you see the little circle sawmill set up on the East side of the road up toward Starke?  Believe it or not, there are several in the area like that and there are times of the year when all they cut are tomato stakes.

Thank You Sponsors!