iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is this a good deal??

Started by DanG, May 05, 2005, 10:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Don't get too frisky there, Fred.  Spam, properly prepared, is pretty good stuff, as long as you don't read the label. ;D :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

crtreedude

Or eat it....

Parts is parts.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

pigman

How could spam not be good. 8) It is made from pigs. Of course, I don't think it is made from the best parts. ::) ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Teri

Its made from piggy parts alright.. ;)  But which parts are they using??? :D

crtreedude

New slogan for Spam:

Made from the best parts on earth. (Sorry Snapple)

Teri

The best parts of what?  ??? ??? ???

crtreedude

DanG,

First Grits, now Spam - tell me, do you eat real food?!?!  ;D

Man, you got to come down here and get fed - I'll take you out to some Chicharrones (fresh pork crackling).

Just so you all know, our Tica housekeeper / cook and all around friend wants nothing to do with grits (Harold smuggled some down).  She thought they were paste used for putting up wallpaper....  :D

Teri - no idea - I am sure Hormel considers that a trade secret.

Teri

I would keep that stuff a secret too!!!  ;) :D :D

Fla._Deadheader

Fred, I doubt that ya fixed them grits proper. Bet I could get Ana to try 'em 1 more time, she might like 'em.  ;) ;D ;D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DanG

Grits and Spam ARE real food, Fred.  Sometimes I snack on junk.  Fer instance, last night I had a big ribeye, baked 'tater and a salad.  Can't be doing that too much, though...ain't healthy.

FYI, Spam is made from ham.  If you want a real culinary delight, get some "potted meat."  Read the label before you eat it, or don't read it at all.  Just a little friendly advice. ;D :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pigman

I thought spam was made from the front legs of a hog, not the back legs. I guess  that is what I get for trying to think. :-[
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

asy

I always thought it was what they scraped off the bandsaw blades after they finished cutting up all the other bits of the piggie...

I may be wrong though...

But then I may not.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

tnlogger

I just dont under stands ya'll spam i a product that feeds the world. It's all in how ya fix it.
fried spam and grits with eggs, fried spam and cheese sandwich. It's almost as good as hot dogs so whats not ta like. ;D
gene

Teri

Roxie

Pennsylvania has a unique way of dealing with "parts".... anyone heard of Scrapple?   ???  Here is a list of ingredients from the globalchef website:

But what parts of the hog go into the creation of scrapple? After the ham, bacon, chops and other cuts of meat are taken from the butchered pig - what remains are fixings for scrapple - including the meat scraped off the head. Scrapple may contain pork skin, pork heart, pork liver, pork tongue - even pork brains. Those faint of palate needn't venture any further.

I have a big block of this stuff in my freezer that was given to Cowboy Bob by an Amish friend.  It's gonna be in the freezer forever.   :)
Say when

Teri

I would take that out of the freezer and bury it real deep in the back yard or the back forty.  :D :D :D

Tom

Sounds a bit like Hog's Head Cheese.    I like it!  ;D :)

`

Slabs

Hey Rox

Send me some of the Scrapple and let me compare it to my favorite SOUSE.
Same thing as Tom's head cheese.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Roxie

I can't believe that anyone would really eat that stuff!   :-X  Souse doesn't even look good!  The one thing about this Scrapple is that you can't accuse anyone of deception when scrap is in the name!   :)
Say when

Ianab

The local's here know how to deal with the leftover pig bits. Puha and pork bones in a boil up  8)

Now I guess if need to tell you about puha... ::)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

DanG

Sounds yummy, Ian! :D :D

Was in the meat shop one day last week.  Chicken feet was $1.29lb.  The rest of the chicken was $1.09lb. ???  Went back in a couple of days later and they had plenty of chicken, but all the feet was sold out.  That must tell ya somethin' about the demographics hereabouts. :D :D

crtreedude

A timely factoid:

SPAM: introduced by George A. Hormel & Company in 1891 on this day....

Teri

Roxie...I agree with ya' on that.  ;D

sandmar

Spam=SPiced hAM or so I been told. I personally like my ham sugar cured,sliced about 3/8" thick and fried,with red-eye gravy and buttered catheads....but that's just me  ;D

Sandmar

beenthere

sandmar
I like SPAM, always have, and we ate a lot of it during the war (II) and after. I view it as a treat now.

I am real curious (maybe don't really want to know, given this subjects' discussion) what the 'buttered catheads' are (seeing as we have been discussing 'hunting' cats in Wisconsin lately) 
???   
At first look, I was thinking catfish heads, or the 'cheeks'. On second thought, I wondered if it were 'cat heads' which isn't too appealing. 
But really, thinking that neither of my 'thoughts' are correct.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!