iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Auction today

Started by Fraxinus, May 14, 2005, 06:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fraxinus

State surplus.  Mostly old police cruisers and other vehicles.  They have a bunch of lawn tractors, too.  I'm looking to get a little "fleet" of them for my grandchildren and other kids around to learn to drive on and tinker with.  Riding mowers without the mowers, ya know. :D :D
One item there that I've been looking at over the past few months is an airport tug.  Cutest little thing you ever saw.  Would look great in a parade. 8) 8)
Of course it's supposed to rain today so I'll probably come home with pneumonia. :o
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

old3dogg

If you find any good deals on riding mowers with mowing decks let me know! And if you teach the grand kids how to mow with them send them down to PA! 8)

DanG

Good idea on the old mowers, Fraxinus.  I picked up a freebie when my dad bought a new mower last week.  The old one ain't in that bad of shape, and I got it for the hauling. ;D  Thinking of making a runabout vehicle for the farm by removing the deck.  I may try to add another seat or cargo box.  It's a 16hp, so it would haul a good load on a little trailer.  I have a  couple of basket case riders around, and I'm thinking of using some of those wheels to make a super lawn cart.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fraxinus

If that thing has got 16 hoss power, it's almost as powerful as my VAC  :o
Well, I'm back from the auction.  Came home with all my money.  Airport tug sold for $650.  I'm sure I could have had it for $700 because I talked to the guy who bought it.  I would have been real reluctant to go to $500.
This guy thinks he's gonna plow snow with it.  I don't see how it would be very well suited for that but......Maybe in another year, he'll be looking to sell it to me for half what he paid for it 8) 8)
I didn't stick around for the little tractors to go.  Looked like it was going to be a while before they got to them and Sky and I had about had enough.  Big crowd.  Well over 800 bidder numbers given out.
Most everything was going for what I thought was pretty high $$.  Police cruisers, mostly '98-'99 Crown Vics with 100K+ miles were going for 1 to 2 thousand.
At least the rain held off.  Just overcast.  Actually a pretty nice day for an auction.  Good entertainment if nothing else.
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Furby

I've got an old lawn tractor in the barn that I picked up with intent of converting it over to an electric runabout vehicle for up at the lake.
Haven't gotten around to it and picked up an old cushman cart at an auction a couple months ago. As soon as I figure out where all the wires go, I plan to use that instead.

sawguy21

I get a big kick out of people at auctions. I bought a boat, sound 40 hp motor and really good trailer for $900 because the boat looked rough. Next boat , a big runabout with a Chrysler motor, parts NLA, and a scuzzy trailer that I would not attempt to tow got  four grand. I hope he is happy. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Fraxinus

Here's a picture of that little tug.

Sure would look cute in a parade. :) :) :)

florida

All is not lost. Check this link out.  There is at least one tug, maybe two. Sure are lots of forklifts though!

http://www.govliquidation.com/list/c7330/lna/1.html
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Fraxinus

That 1381 lot 1903 looks like fun.
http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=584158
And it's a lot closer to you than me.  I'll give 'em their $35 minimum bid and you can store it for me until I can get down there to pick it up.  Deal?
;) ;)

florida

Wow, that is close to me. I wonder if I could drive it home on I 75? The speed limit shouldn't be a problem.
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Thank You Sponsors!